This press release features multimedia. View the full release here: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20191119005788/en/
Humana’s Medicare Advantage HMO plan members in
The value-based agreement with
- More personal time with health professionals and personalized care that is tailored to each person’s unique health situation;
- Access to proactive health screenings and programs that are focused on preventing illness;
- Improved care for people living with chronic conditions with a focus on avoiding health complications;
- Leveraging technologies, such as data analytics, that connect physicians and help them work as a team to coordinate care around the patient; and
- Reimbursement to physicians linked to the health outcomes of their patients rather than solely on the quantity of services they provide (fee-for-service).
Hawaii SMG offers:
- Doctors who specialize in caring for people with Medicare.
- Access and coordination with specialists.
- Professional care teams that listen.
- Walk-in appointments.
- Patient education.
Under this new agreement, Hawaii Senior Medical Group’s physicians also will benefit by having access to tools and resources offered by Humana, which may help maximize the time physicians spend with their patients covered by Humana Medicare Advantage.
“Hawaii Senior Medical Group is proud and privileged to partner with Humana, a leading health plan in Hawaii,” said
“By working together with
Humana has an extensive and growing value-based care presence. As of
Founded in 1993,
To accomplish that, we support physicians and other health care professionals as they work to deliver the right care in the right place for their patients, our members. Our range of clinical capabilities, resources and tools – such as in-home care, behavioral health, pharmacy services, data analytics and wellness solutions – combine to produce a simplified experience that makes health care easier to navigate and more effective.
More information regarding Humana is available to investors via the Investor Relations page of the company’s web site at www.humana.com, including copies of:
- Annual reports to stockholders
Securities and Exchange Commissionfilings
- Most recent investor conference presentations
- Quarterly earnings news releases and conference calls
- Calendar of events
- Corporate Governance information
Humana is a Medicare Advantage HMO organization with a Medicare contract. Enrollment in any Humana plan depends on contract renewal. Other providers are available in our network. Provider may contract with other plans.