Indexed product sellers see ‘attractive’ markets after Fed rate hikes
While chaos is rarely good, one market that should benefit is the annuity marketplace, experts say. Specifically, indexed annuities, which thrive on offering stability when the financial landscape is most unstable.Read More
Painful remedy: Fed’s interest rate hikes look to slow workers' wage gains, cool real estate markets
Higher interest rates are slowing the housing market as the Federal Reserve focuses on stunting workers' wage gains in the battle against high inflation. Higher rates make mortgages more expensive and could propel a teetering U.S. economy into a recession after first quarter GDP growth was -1.4%. We are seeing a slowing, "said Fed Chairman Jerome Powell during a…
Indexed life insurance and annuity products are immensely popular. But some critics charge they are too complicated and immersed in fraud.
- Called to Serve — with Nathan Smith
- Building a network of success one step at a time — with Matt Sapaula
- Customer service is always easy … until it isn’t!
- How financial advisors can help clients weather market turbulence
- On a journey to understand the changing financial landscape
Get InsuranceNewsNet Magazine delivered to your doorstep monthly. SUBSCRIBE TODAY!
In Atlanta, investors last year bought 32.7% of all homes for sale–the highest share in any major city–followed by 32.1% in Charlotte, North Carolina, and 29.8% in Jacksonville, Florida. And investors purchased more than 27% of homes for sale in Las Vegas, Phoenix and Miami. Officials in the Atlanta suburb of College Park, where 75% of its approximately 14,000…
- Advocates call on Congress to extend health insurance subsidies before 5,000 West Virginians lose coverage
- Democrats want to raid Medicare to pay for Obamacare – again
- BlueCross of SC CEO retires from state's largest insurer, replacement named
- Alex Murdaugh, alleged hitman Smith indicted on money laundering, drug trafficking charges
- Five people with ties to the Murdaugh family have died mysteriously
- Wisconsin seeks policyholders of insolvent Time Insurance Co. products
- Surfside collapse leaves costly legacy for Florida condo owners
- Tropical Storm Bonnie expected in Caribbean, while another system churns in Gulf
- Cigna completes $5.4 billion transaction with Chubb
- Brooklyn man sentenced to 72 months in prison for $1.9M PPP fraud
- Washington state regulators seek man facing felony insurance fraud charges
- N.C. man charged with insurance fraud involving renters’ claim