House Speaker Paul Ryan guaranteed a win on the Republican plan to dismantle Barack Obama's health care law. Instead, he suffered a brutal defeat, cancelling a vote and admitting "we're going to be living with Obamacare for the foreseeable future."Read more
- Health Agents Betting on Benefits
- DOL Fiduciary Rule Defies Industry, GOP Attempts to Kill It
- After the Ghost Goes
- Beyond Price: How Honesty Will Help Win Every IUL Sale
- How Annuities Unleash the Power of Delaying Social Security
- AmeriLife CEO: IMOs Entering an Age of Consolidation
- Better Benefits Communication Means Greater Engagement
- Liquid Alternatives: The Ingredient for Portfolio Diversification
- Elder Financial Abuse: Losing More Than Money
Agents and the general public have some surprising things in common when it comes to what they want to see in a health care law.
House Speaker Paul Ryan guaranteed a win on the Republican plan to dismantle Barack Obama’s health care law. Instead, he suffered a brutal defeat, cancelling a vote and admitting “we’re going to be living with Obamacare for the foreseeable future.”
Those nearing retirement make a great source of clients and their number is expected to double over in the coming few decades.
Tontines became popular in 17th- century Europe, largely to help governments raise money to fight wars. “Few people know what they are, and the word‘ tontine’ is usually the answer to a crossword puzzle,” said Moshe Milevsky, an associate professor of finance at York University’ s Schulich School of Business in Toronto. Now some financial advisers and academics like…