"At Capital BlueCross, we are committed to offering quality, affordable Medicare Advantage products that give individuals access to one of the largest networks of doctors and hospitals here at home and across all 50 states," said
Papa Pals– a unique arrangement connecting college students with members who need assistance with things like light household chores and errands such as food shopping, companionship, and transportation to medical appointments. There is no charge for the first five hours, and additional time may be purchased by members or caregivers. Excludes activities of daily living (ADL) services
- SilverSneakers® – a health and fitness program designed for adults 65+ at all levels of fitness experience, this
$0cost membership includes access to more than 16,000 participating gyms and fitness centers.
- Transportation services – 24
$0cost round-trips for plan-approved transportation to medical appointments, outpatient facilities, and clinic visits.
- Virtual Care – make an appointment 24/7 from your phone or tablet with a doctor, dietitian or behavioral health specialist.
- Healthy Healing Meals Program – available to eligible members recently discharged from a hospital stay; 14 fully prepared, nutritionally balanced meals are provided at no additional cost.
- BlueCard® Visitor Travel Program – members may receive services and pay in-network costs from any participating
Blue Crossand/or Blue Shield Medicare Advantage PPO provider in any geographic area where the Visitor Travel Program is offered.
These new benefits will be added to Capital BlueCross' already existing Medicare Advantage products, which include:
- Premiums as low as
- Primary care visits as low as
- Generic prescription copays as low as
$0when received at preferred pharmacies
- No deductibles to satisfy before medical and prescription benefits begin (varies by plan)
- Monthly allowance for over-the-counter (OTC) pharmacy supplies and drugs for all individual plans
- Dental coverage that includes two routine annual visits, cleanings and X-rays, plus a
$2,000allowance $0copays for Medicare-covered preventive screenings and immunizations, including pneumonia and flu shots
To help individuals make informed decisions, Capital BlueCross is hosting several informational seminars throughout the 21-county service area. Seminars are hosted by knowledgeable staff in a no pressure to buy atmosphere, and in some counties multiple dates and locations are available. Individuals can register to attend a seminar at CapitalBlueMedicare.com or by calling 1-800-990-4201 (TTY: 711).
Anyone with questions may also visit one of our Capital Blue health and wellness centers at the
Following the initial enrollment period, the
Capital BlueCross' BlueJourney HMO and BlueJourney PPO plans can be purchased through one of the company's licensed brokers or agents.
This information is not a complete description of benefits. Contact the plan for more information. Limitations, copayments, and restrictions may apply. Benefits, premiums and/or co-payments may change on
About Capital BlueCross
For more than 80 years, Capital BlueCross has served
BlueJourney PPO is offered by
SilverSneakers® is a program of Tivity Health, Inc. On behalf of Capital BlueCross, Tivity Health, Inc. assists in the administration of this fitness program. Tivity Health, Inc. is an independent company.
BlueCard® and BlueCard Worldwide® are trademarks of the
On behalf of Capital BlueCross,
View original content to download multimedia:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/capital-bluecross-adds-new-benefits-to-existing-medicare-advantage-plans-for-2020-giving-individuals-more-choices-and-fewer-out-of-pocket-costs-300928258.html
SOURCE Capital BlueCross