A.M. Best, S&P Global Ratings Each Affirm Strong Performance by OneAmerica
The insurance companies of OneAmerica are among the 8% of U.S. life insurers with an A.M. Best rating of A+ (Superior) or higher and a S&P rating of AA- or higher.1
Best Review® also reported that 2022 marks the 72nd consecutive year that AUL has received an “A” rating or higher, placing it among the top 35 life/health groups with consecutive high ratings performances.2
A.M. Best determines its ratings through its Best’s Credit Rating Methodology, which provides a comprehensive explanation of A.M. Best’s rating process and contains the rating criteria employed in the rating process.
# # #
OneAmerica is the marketing name for the companies of OneAmerica. Products issued and underwritten by AUL and State Life.
1 Calculated by OneAmerica based on data provided by S&P Global Market Intelligence, data linked, 8/22/22
2 Standing the Test of Time,” Best’s Review July 2022
A national provider in the insurance and financial services marketplace for more than 140 years, the companies of OneAmerica help customers build and protect their financial futures.
OneAmerica offers a variety of products and services to serve the financial needs of their policyholders and customers. These products include retirement plan products and recordkeeping services, individual life insurance, annuities, asset based long-term care solutions and employee benefit plan products.
Products are issued and underwritten by the companies of OneAmerica and distributed through a nationwide network of employees, agents, brokers and other sources that are committed to providing value to our customers.
To learn more about our products, services and the companies of OneAmerica, visit oneamerica.com/companies. To learn more about our financial ratings, visit https://www.oneamerica.com/about-us/financial-strength-ratings. To review our 2021 annual report, visit here.
About A.M. Best Company
A.M. Best Company is the world's oldest and most authoritative insurance rating and information source. For more information, visit www.ambest.com.
AUL and State Life were rated A+ by A.M. Best on August 17, 2022. AUL and State Life were rated AA- by S&P on August 12, 2022. These ratings reflect rating agency assessments of the financial strength and claims-paying ability of the companies of OneAmerica. They are not intended to reflect the investment experience or financial strength of any variable account, which is subject to market risk. Because the dates are only updated when there’s a change in the rating, the dates above reflect the most recent ratings we have received. Please know that these ratings can change at any time.
Lou Ann Baker, Director, Public Relations
- 7 year-end tax tips to help you and your clients close the year successfully
- Column: Some tips for dealing with coming recession
- Reasons to pump the brakes on retirement — 6 reasons to consider delaying your retirement
- OMB moves DOL ESG rule, as backlash builds
- Americans cutting back on essential items to stave off inflation
- Corebridge Financial introduces Dimensional US Foundations Index
- Annuity or lump sum? Calculating how much a $1.9 billion Powerball win is worth
- Bank channel drives record 3Q annuity sales, LIMRA reports
- DPL partners with Corebridge Financial for commission-free annuities
- Now is a ‘perfect time’ for preretirees to consider FIAs, expert says
Health/Employee Benefits News
- Study: Mental health issues, including burnout, affecting the workplace
- Insurance subsidies to cover workers in labor disputes
- Adderall, antibiotic shortages likely to continue into 2023, Colorado pharmacist says
- Public pension debt grows as CalPERS reports even more losses
- In past recessions, firms suspended 401(k) match
- Buster Murdaugh refutes reporter’s suggestion he supports dad facing murder charges
- Consumers initiating life insurance purchases at record rate, study finds
- Laffitte defends loans he approved to Murdaugh as prosecutor grills him in bank fraud trial
- Life settlements drop 9%, but poised to pick up, Conning says
- Nassau Financial Group to acquire Delaware Life Insurance Company of New York