Becker said the family that was living in the house -- Ryan and
According to a GoFundme account set up by
Krohe said the fire started in the bathroom and everyone in the family was asleep when the house started to fill with smoke. Parts of the fence the Wessels shared with Krohe's parents had to be torn down so firefighters could better access the scene. Krohe said his father already has worked to temporarily fix the fence and got part of the house boarded up.
The Gofundme page has a goal of
(c)2020 the Jacksonville Journal-Courier (Jacksonville, Ill.)
Visit the Jacksonville Journal-Courier (Jacksonville, Ill.) at www.myjournalcourier.com
Distributed by Tribune Content Agency, LLC.