Smart Choice Reports 2021 Growth – Announces Key New Hires and Organizational Changes
With 28% growth and 1,100 new agency partners added in 2021, the company will benefit from operational improvements and strategic onboarding of specialized talent.
GREENSBORO, NC—January 13, 2022— Smart Choice® reports significant growth metrics for 2021 and announces strategic organizational changes and new hires in its executive and sales branches. Over 1,100 new agencies joined the fastest growing agency network in 2021, accompanied by 28% gross revenue growth for the year. For the new year, the company has added two additional sales executives and made some internal organizational changes.
“We continue to grow at an aggressive pace year after year,” said Andrew Caldwell, President of Smart Choice Agents. “As the insurance industry continues to evolve rapidly, it’s important that we do the same as a company. We’ve made some key hires and organizational decisions for 2022 that will help us continue to accommodate the needs of our agency and carrier partners in the coming year.”
Smart Choice has promoted Executive Vice President of Strategic Alliances Joe Fisher to Chief Operating Officer (COO), effective January 1, 2022. As COO, Fisher will work to establish and refine managerial and administrative procedures, reporting structures and operational controls within the company.
“Any time a company experiences the type of continuous growth Smart Choice has, there is a need to refine legacy operations, adopt business continuity strategies and plan for the next five, fifteen and fifty years,” said Joe Fisher. “The best way to lead is to get out in front of barriers and obstacles to more growth.”
New key staff joining Smart Choice in the new year include:
Jeff Huff, CPCU, a 35-year veteran of the insurance and financial services industry, joins Smart Choice as National Sales Director for the company’s Smart Choice Partners (SCP) division. Formerly employed with major industry carriers such as Travelers, Aetna, Alfa Insurance, and BB&T, Huff brings decades of knowledge to his new position at Smart Choice. Huff will manage all facets of sales performance from Smart Choice Partners’ hubs and offices, and work to develop policies and initiatives within SCP to ensure company adherence to all new growth objectives.
David Philpott, with over 35-years’ experience in all aspects of Human Resources, joins Smart Choice as Vice President of Human Resources, where he will direct and manage human resources for the company’s employees. After several decades serving Harris Teeter in various HR senior management positions, Philpott joined the JER HR Group where he was involved in all areas of HR consulting.
The Smart Choice® Agents Program is a wholly owned program of Worldwide Insurance Network, Inc. (WIN), headquartered in High Point, North Carolina. They currently serve 9,000 agency partners in 46 states. For more information, visit www.smartchoiceagents.com.
Katie Wilmoth, Smart Choice | 336.217.4650 x3042 | [email protected]
- Older Women Face Greater Financial Hardship, Rockier Road Than Men Do
- Financial Services Firms Going Digital At Faster Rate, Broadridge Survey Finds
- U.S. Employers ‘Again’ Boosting 2022 Pay Raises, WTW Survey Finds
- How COVID-19 Impacted Retirement Savings
- Financial Planning: Even More Confessions Of A Bull Market Genius
- Author: 2022 Is The Year Consumers Discover Value Of Annuities
- Allianz Completes Reinsurance Deal For $35B FIA Portfolio
- Midwest Holding Launches S&P 500 ESG Index For Fixed Annuity Space
- Investors Heritage Brings FIA With ESG Index To California, Delaware
- Monument Re Acquires Variable Annuity Portfolio From Athora Ireland plc
Health/Employee Benefits News
- How New York Could Cover Its 1 Million Uninsured Residents
- How To Get Free At-Home COVID-19 Tests
- Supreme Court Strikes Down Vaccine Mandate For Private Employers
- How Highmark, Other Insurers Will Cover At-Home Covid Tests
- Medicare Beneficiaries Face Increased Out-Of-Pocket Costs, EBRI Says
- Western & Southern Completes Accelerates Digital Expansion Through Fabric Acquisition
- John Gilbert Is 2022 NAILBA Chair
- USAA Expands Availability Of New Digital Life Insurance Product
- Primerica Marks $900B Of Term Life In Force At End Of 2021
- SPG Acquires The Assets Of Brokers’ Service Marketing Group