Smart Choice Reports 2021 Growth – Announces Key New Hires and Organizational Changes
With 28% growth and 1,100 new agency partners added in 2021, the company will benefit from operational improvements and strategic onboarding of specialized talent.
GREENSBORO, NC—January 13, 2022— Smart Choice® reports significant growth metrics for 2021 and announces strategic organizational changes and new hires in its executive and sales branches. Over 1,100 new agencies joined the fastest growing agency network in 2021, accompanied by 28% gross revenue growth for the year. For the new year, the company has added two additional sales executives and made some internal organizational changes.
“We continue to grow at an aggressive pace year after year,” said Andrew Caldwell, President of Smart Choice Agents. “As the insurance industry continues to evolve rapidly, it’s important that we do the same as a company. We’ve made some key hires and organizational decisions for 2022 that will help us continue to accommodate the needs of our agency and carrier partners in the coming year.”
Smart Choice has promoted Executive Vice President of Strategic Alliances Joe Fisher to Chief Operating Officer (COO), effective January 1, 2022. As COO, Fisher will work to establish and refine managerial and administrative procedures, reporting structures and operational controls within the company.
“Any time a company experiences the type of continuous growth Smart Choice has, there is a need to refine legacy operations, adopt business continuity strategies and plan for the next five, fifteen and fifty years,” said Joe Fisher. “The best way to lead is to get out in front of barriers and obstacles to more growth.”
New key staff joining Smart Choice in the new year include:
Jeff Huff, CPCU, a 35-year veteran of the insurance and financial services industry, joins Smart Choice as National Sales Director for the company’s Smart Choice Partners (SCP) division. Formerly employed with major industry carriers such as Travelers, Aetna, Alfa Insurance, and BB&T, Huff brings decades of knowledge to his new position at Smart Choice. Huff will manage all facets of sales performance from Smart Choice Partners’ hubs and offices, and work to develop policies and initiatives within SCP to ensure company adherence to all new growth objectives.
David Philpott, with over 35-years’ experience in all aspects of Human Resources, joins Smart Choice as Vice President of Human Resources, where he will direct and manage human resources for the company’s employees. After several decades serving Harris Teeter in various HR senior management positions, Philpott joined the JER HR Group where he was involved in all areas of HR consulting.
The Smart Choice® Agents Program is a wholly owned program of Worldwide Insurance Network, Inc. (WIN), headquartered in High Point, North Carolina. They currently serve 9,000 agency partners in 46 states. For more information, visit www.smartchoiceagents.com.
Katie Wilmoth, Smart Choice | 336.217.4650 x3042 | [email protected]
- The wealth effect cuts both ways
- Advisors and consumers agree on need for retirement income planning
- For Americans, 2021 delivered healthiest finances in 8 years
- ‘Spring Cleaning’ Includes Your Client’s Finances, Too
- Retirement Savers Remain Confident Despite Short-Term Woes
- Principal Financial Group closes annuity reinsurance transaction
- McDowell County man hits $2 million lottery jackpot
- AIG back on top of first-quarter annuity sales, LIMRA reports
- Nationwide To Pay $5.6M For Annuity Violations, NY Regulators Say
- LibertyMark Freedom Fixed Indexed Annuities Launch
Health/Employee Benefits News
- Medicaid-expansion bill clears two committees in the N.C. General Assembly
- Pandemic, disparities, trust erosion challenge health care
- Health insurance case goes to Georgia Supreme Court
- Pennsylvania Bill For Continued CHIP Coverage Gains Committee Approval
- Oklahoma Medicaid managed care bill passes
- Nationwide adds new index options to IUL Accumulator II 2020
- Finseca and NAILBA are officially merged
- Few players propelling huge private equity push into insurance
- NAIFA symposium provides insight, advice on engaging a more diverse client base
- NAIFA foundation will support the next generation of financial professionals