New Roles and a New Member for the OneAmerica® Board of Directors
INDIANAPOLIS--(BUSINESS WIRE)--OneAmerica® today announced new leadership roles on its board of directors and the addition of a new board member, as the Indianapolis-based insurance and financial services company continues to demonstrate industry-leading growth and financial strength. The new leadership roles were effective January 1.
“Allison’s unique ability to bring people together for a common cause while ensuring all points of view are surfaced makes her an ideal Lead Independent Director”
Allison Melangton has stepped into the Lead Independent Director role, working closely with J. Scott Davison, chairman, president and CEO of OneAmerica. Melangton joined the OneAmerica Board of Directors in 2013 and serves as senior vice president for Penske Entertainment. Her career includes a variety of roles in sports administration, including president and CEO for the 2012 Super Bowl Host Committee. Melangton also worked at nine Olympic Games, was an associate producer for NBC Sports, and has won five Emmy Awards for her work.
“Allison’s unique ability to bring people together for a common cause while ensuring all points of view are surfaced makes her an ideal Lead Independent Director,” said J. Scott Davison, chairman, president and CEO of OneAmerica.
New committee chairs include Dr. Sue Ellspermann (Governance and Nominating), Jean L. Wojtowicz (Investments), R. Stephen Briggs (Compensation), and S. Michael McLaughlin, Jr. (Audit).
- Ellspermann is the president of Ivy Tech Community College and former lieutenant governor of Indiana.
- Wojtowicz is the founder and president of Cambridge Capital Management Corp.
- Briggs served as executive vice president, Life and Annuity Division, of Protective Life Insurance Corp. (retired).
- McLaughlin served as principal, global leader, Actuarial and Insurance Solutions of Deloitte Consulting LLP (retired).
Dr. Michael A. McRobbie, president, Indiana University, will again lead the Technology Committee.
Todd Schoon, JD, CLU, ChFC joined the board as its newest member on Oct. 1, 2019. Schoon currently serves as the executive vice president and senior advisor to the president for The American College of Financial Services. He previously served as executive vice president–agencies at Northwestern Mutual.
Davison cited Schoon’s passion for the industry, his expertise in sales and distribution and commitment to growing people as a tremendous fit with the culture of OneAmerica.
“OneAmerica is fortunate to have a board of directors consisting of highly capable and committed individuals with diverse backgrounds and unique perspectives,” added Davison. “We have an exceptional combination of skills and expertise in our industry, governance, technology and in our community. I am honored to serve alongside Allison and each of our directors as we lead OneAmerica into a new decade.”
A national provider in the insurance and financial services marketplace for more than 140 years, the companies of OneAmerica help customers build and protect their financial futures.
OneAmerica offers a variety of products and services to serve the financial needs of their policyholders and customers. These products include retirement plan products and recordkeeping services, individual life insurance, annuities, asset based long-term care solutions and employee benefit plan products.
Products are issued and underwritten by the companies of OneAmerica and distributed through a nationwide network of employees, agents, brokers and other sources that are committed to providing value to our customers.
To learn more about our products, services and the companies of OneAmerica, visit OneAmerica.com/companies. The OneAmerica 2018 Annual Report is also available for download.
Lou Ann Baker, Director of Public Relations, 317-285-1490
- Current Market Selloff Driven More By Fear Than Economic Reality, Adviser Says
- Advisors: Use These Four Steps For Crisis Talks With Clients
- Don’t Wait For Clients To Declare Their Personal State Of Emergency
- Markets Will Not Close, Treasury Secretary Vows
- Americans For Financial Reform: More Needed To Protect People From COVID-19
- How Annuities Can Be A Client’s GPS During Market Turmoil
- American Financial Group Offers $300M Of Senior Notes
- DPL Offers Free Access To Annuities For Fee-Only Advisors
- How helping clients deal with COVID-19 is winning business now
- Congress Urged To Enact Disaster Relief For Retirement Savers
- Employers Mobilizing Benefits, Policy Changes In Light Of COVID-19
- Asset-Based LTCi Can Help Diversify Portfolios During Market Dips
- Stimulus Billions Can’t Buy Hospitals Out Of Shortage Crisis
- Has US Response To Coronavirus Been Adequate?
- Democrats Returning To D.C. In Case Full Vote Needed For Coronavirus Bill
- Life Insurance Offers Clients Protection In Tough Times
- Allianz: Americans Not Panicking, Trying To Stay The Course
- How Long Will Pre-COVID Life Insurance Rates Last?
- Insurance Commissioner Set Me Up, Greg Lindberg Claims In Lawsuit
- Quick Tips For Communicating With Clients During COVID-19 Crisis