Keynova Group Releases Semi-Annual Insurance Scorecard Monitoring Digital Best Practices Among Top Insurers
Property and Casualty Insurance Industry Advances Digital Capabilities for Spanish Language and Smart Device-Enabled Services Expanding User Support Options Post Pandemic
Keynova Group, the leading competitive intelligence firm for digital financial services, today announced the results of the Q2 2021 edition of its semi-annual Insurance Scorecard. The Insurance Scorecard measures the 12 leading U.S. insurance carriers’ digital user experience for property and casualty insurance with a focus on auto insurance. In Q2 2021, GEICO secured the leadership position, placing first based on Overall Score. The scorecard revealed key industry trends, including expanded Spanish language content and support and increased digital access to carrier services via smart devices.
“One of the constructive results of the pandemic is that insurance carriers are providing their clients more digital options to service their accounts. As a result, Spanish-language and smart device-enabled services are big areas of growth,” said Beth Robertson, managing director, Keynova Group. “The number of smart devices continues to rise, as do the growing AI analytics and virtual assistance capabilities available to support financial services customers, giving insurance carriers more runway to continue enhancing their digital properties.”
Diversifying U.S. Population Driving Greater Spanish-language Content & Support
With the Hispanic population climbing to more than 60 million in 2019 according to the U.S. Census, carriers are evolving their digital channels to support this demographic. Two-thirds of the carriers reviewed now promote access to live Spanish-language customer service representatives, with select carriers offering claims support or public website content in Spanish and enabling some Spanish language access to policyholder tasks such as making a payment or getting a copy of an ID card. There are still many untapped Spanish-language opportunities for carriers, including broadened authenticated site conversions and quote or claim forms in Spanish.
Digital Support Options Increasing with Smart Device Access
Insurance carriers continue to add support via the increasing number of smart devices, such as Alexa or Google Assistant, that are available in homes and vehicles. Rounding out carriers’ desktop chatbot and virtual assistant (VA) options offered by the majority of carriers, the scorecard revealed that nearly half of carriers evaluated now support policy management via smart devices. GEICO is the first insurer to enable a roadside assistance claim to be filed using a smart device, while several other carriers have implemented basic VA or chatbot assistance to help policyholders file claims online.
“The widening array of self-service options enables policyholders to select the tools that best support their needs while redirecting basic queries to more efficient and cost-effective servicing channels,” Robertson added.
Syndicated for more than two decades, Keynova Group’s semi-annual, fact-based Insurance Scorecard objectively evaluates the 12 leading U.S. insurance carriers’ websites for digital user capabilities, customer experience elements and best practices, and identifies evolving trends and insights that drive digital strategy in property and casualty insurance.
For more information about the Keynova Group Q2 2021 Insurance Scorecard, please visit https://www.keynovagroup.com/scorecards/#insurance.
About Keynova Group
Keynova Group is the leading competitive intelligence firm providing trusted benchmarking insights and analysis of consumer and small business digital financial services, including banking, credit card, home lending, and insurance. Formerly known as Keynote, Keynova Group’s Scorecards have served as the go-to source for leading financial services firms to obtain reliable competitive intelligence and actionable insights since 1999. The firm’s proven methodology and highly detailed results help its clients maximize the value of their digital channels to deliver a premier experience to customers and prospects.
- After A Year Of Uncertainty, The Value Of Professional Financial Advice Goes Up
- Vatican Trial Opens On Financial Scandal Rocking The Papacy
- Should Retirees Get Out Of The Stock Market?
- Don’t Forget About Taxes On Cryptocurrencies
- Here’s How To Develop A Gold-Medal Financial Plan In 2021
- Start Me Up: Annuity Group To Sponsor Rolling Stones’ Tour
- Allianz Launches Annuity Product For DC Market
- New American Equity Fixed Index Annuity Offers Paths To Lifetime Income
- ‘Annuity King’ Partner Takes Plea Deal; Florida Fraud Trial Expected In Fall
- NAIC Committee Passes Annuity Sales FAQs
- Missouri High Court Says Medicaid Expansion ‘Valid’
- Mississippi Pharmacist Pleads Guilty To More Than $180M Health Care Fraud
- Is Obamacare Here To Stay, After All?
- Michigan Health Insurers Seeking Bigger Rate Hikes
- Minnesota Lawmakers Renew Health Reinsurance Program For Just 1 Year
- Lincoln The Latest Carrier To Pull Life Products From New York
- US Attorney: NY Man’s Scams Included The Theft Of 420K In Life Insurance
- Final Expense, Pre-Need Life Insurance Show Mixed Sales Results In 2020
- SC Woman Who Shot Husband To Death Sentenced To 30 Years In Prison
- First-Half 2021 Life Insurance Applications Up Sharply, MIB Reports