The Precious Hospice Paradigm Shift
"A lot of times, I ask people when I'm in the community: 'What is hospice?' Their initial response to me is usually 'A place where you go and die.' Well, we're working to change that impression. Because the reality is that hospice is in fact a philosophy of care — not just a place to pass away.
Beginning with the moving story of its inception,
"We hire people with passion, not those just looking for a paycheck. You have to love our patients and care for them like you would care for your own mother," said
- Full-Range Care: Patients and their families have access to a wide spectrum of healthcare professionals — physicians, nurses, certified nursing assistants, licensed social workers, chaplains and dedicated volunteers.
Home Hospice: Partnering with patients and their loved ones to bring hospice care directly to the comfort of home.
- Condition-Specific Care: Since all patients are different, each plan-of-care is formed to service patients' unique needs.
- Bereavement Care: Consistent, continuing bereavement care that goes beyond a patient's final moments. Support for families, friends and staff that lasts up to 13 months.
- 24/7 On-Call Support: A direct line of medical support, any time of the day or night.
- Palliative Care: A team that places patient-comfort and ease as the top priority.
- Other Therapies:
Precious Hospiceis open to working with other types of therapeutic relief. For example, on-staff music therapists utilize the power of music to help clients cope with their illness, while creating lasting, fun memories for everyone.
View original content to download multimedia:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/precious-hospice-announces-opening-of-newest-care-facility-in-chicago----a-uniquely-compassionate-approach-to-end-of-life-services-300850870.html