As the height of the Atlantic hurricane season approaches, it's time to make sure you're ready.
Year after year, many people are stunned at how tropical storms and hurricanes can upend their lives for months, and sometimes even years. Even in the U.S.'s most vulnerable coastal states, residents and businesses underestimate their risk, have insufficient insurance coverage, and operate without an evacuation plan.
A video accompanying this announcement is available at: https://youtu.be/AP80yr7nc0E
In 2018, extensive property damage was caused by Hurricanes Michael (Alabama, Florida, and Georgia) and Florence (the Carolinas) while 2017's Hurricanes Harvey (Texas, Louisiana) and Irma (Florida) remain vivid memories for those who were impacted by them, too.
During the nationwide media tour, the I.I.I.'s insurance and meteorological experts discussed:
- Whether the number of natural disasters are increasing – or if it just seems that way
- How home and business owners best prepare for the 2019 hurricane season
- The biggest lessons learned from the hurricanes that struck the U.S. in 2017 and 2018
- The most important things for people to understand about their insurance coverage before a storm comes
- The affordable measures home and business owners can take to reduce their vulnerability to storm damage
About Your Update TV:
YourUpdateTV is a social media video portal for organizations to share their content, produced by award-winning video communications firm, D S Simon Media (http://www.dssimon.com). It includes separate channels for Health and Wellness, Lifestyle, Media and Entertainment, Money and Finance, Social Responsibility, Sports and Technology.