For more info and free car insurance quotes, visit https://compare-autoinsurance.org/can-you-negotiate-for-lower-car-insurance-rates/
Negotiating a lower car insurance premium from the insurer is similar to negotiating a lower rate with any other service provider. The policyholders have to call the company, politely explain the situation, and see if they can offer a better rate. Policyholders who have been with the same provider for many years and have multiple home and auto insurance policies with the company are in a better position to negotiate a lower rate than someone who bought an insurance policy last week.
To increase the chances of getting a better deal from the insurer, drivers should follow the next tips:
- Be polite but firm. Calling a car insurance company to demand lower premiums might not be a great idea. Most specialists recommend a polite, but firm approach.
- Be persistent. Most provider representatives will initially deny any requests to lower the premiums. Policyholders should be persistent with their requests. It also helps if they explain to the representatives that they have been a customer to the company for many years and they have many policies at them.
- Research scripts online. Drivers can find various scripts online explaining how to negotiate lower car insurance premiums. These scripts explain what drivers should say to have higher chances of getting a discount and how they should respond if the insurer denies their request.
- Search for comparable car insurance policies. Sometimes, drivers are not entitled to a discount because they are already paying a competitive premium for insurance. Drivers should check if they can find comparable insurance plans at cheaper premiums. If they can't find one, then their chances of getting a lower premium are very small.
- Ask about discounts. Insurance companies offer many different discounts. Policyholders should ask about bundling discounts, safety equipment discounts, defensive driving discounts, good student discounts, and more.
- Ask about changing the policy. Policyholders can get lower premiums by simply dropping unnecessary coverage. For example, drivers who have a
AAAmembership can drop their roadside assistance.
- Shop around. There are many brokerage websites that allow users to easily compare car insurance premiums between providers. Drivers should compare several online quotes and check offers. If the rates being offered are significantly lower, drivers can use this information when negotiating.
- Prepare for rejection. Car insurance companies frequently get calls from their customers who want lower insurance premiums. Usually, the customer service agent will tell that the rates are fixed and they can't be adjusted. This is not true in most cases and the rates are negotiable.
- Get a higher deductible. One of the most popular methods used to get lower car insurance premiums is to raise the deductible. Drivers who have a
$500deductible can get a substantial discount by simply raising the deductible to $1,000.
- Hang up and call back. Sometimes, drivers can get a customer agent who is not willing to negotiate anything. In this case, policyholders should call back and try again at a different agent.
For additional info, money-saving tips and free car insurance quotes, visit https://compare-autoinsurance.org/
Compare-autoinsurance.org is an online provider of life, home, health, and auto insurance quotes. This website is unique because it does not simply stick to one kind of insurance provider, but brings the clients the best deals from many different online insurance carriers. In this way, clients have access to offers from multiple carriers all in one place: this website. On this site, customers have access to quotes for insurance plans from various agencies, such as local or nationwide agencies, brand names insurance companies, etc.