Cigna, a leading global health service company, and Oscar, a tech-driven health insurance company, announced an exclusive partnership to jointly provide commercial health solutions to small businesses.
"Small businesses are the backbone of the American economy and through this partnership, we can take a disciplined approach to offering differentiated health care solutions that help small businesses save money, expand network and product choice and keep employees healthy," said
The American economy is driven by small businesses, which account for more than 40% of net job creation in 2018. It is a highly dynamic space with more than 500,000 new companies started every month. Small group health plans serve approximately 15 million people in the
"Together, we are giving small business owners an affordable, simple-to-use option that makes it easier for their employees to get appropriate care quickly and stay healthy," said
The companies will provide affordable, seamless, fully insured health benefits under the Cigna + Oscar brand to the small group market. Services will include:
* Integrated medical, behavioral, and pharmacy services
* Broad access to high-performing networks of doctors and hospitals
* Support from a dedicated concierge team assigned to individual members to help them understand their benefits and find care
* Digital-first support, featuring 24/7 telemedicine at no charge, easy ID card access, an overview of copay details and benefits, deductible tracking, lab results and individual health history
* Easy-to-use search tools to help review health care providers, book appointments, find facilities and check prescriptions
* Leading broker, business and provider portals for seamless enrollment and management
Cigna and Oscar plan to share risk equally under a reinsurance agreement for solutions offered through this strategic partnership. Pending regulatory approvals, the companies will launch in select markets in 2020 and plan to expand the partnership over time.
* * *
Cigna maintains sales capability in over 30 countries and jurisdictions, and has more than 165 million customer relationships throughout the world. To learn more about Cigna(R), including links to follow us on Facebook or Twitter, visit www.cigna.com.
Oscar is the first health insurance company built to make health care easy. Headquartered in
Oscar plans also include access to a network of first-rate physicians and hospitals, as well as a personalized Concierge team that supports members every step of the way, from finding a doctor to navigating costs. Oscar is known for our easy-to-use digital tools, including a website and mobile app that let members view their health history, speak directly with their Concierge team, and access their account information.
All products and services are provided exclusively by or through operating subsidiaries of