|By Peter Hall, The Morning Call (Allentown, Pa.)|
|McClatchy-Tribune Information Services|
Firefighters were called to the fire at
The rear of the twin home sustained heavy damage and the adjoining house at 723 Crane also was damaged. The fire burned so intensely it melted siding from a home on the opposite side of
No one was injured in the blaze, which displaced eight people, said
The fire caused a pressure relief valve on the grill's propane tank to activate, causing a loud pop or boom that many in the neighborhood believed was the tank exploding. In fact, Anthony said, the propane tank was found intact at the scene, although the gas released from the tank contributed to the intensity of the fire.
"This was something that was smoldering for some time before it manifested itself," Anthony said.
The porch went up first, then the house, said
"We heard two explosions, like two large pops," said
After hearing the noise, Bennage looked out her back window to see flames shooting straight up from the
Carl said one person was evaluated on the scene by medical personnel. He said that in addition to the six people displaced at 725 Crane, two were displaced from the home next door.
Coffin said she and her husband rent 725 Crane and did not have renters' insurance.
Anthony said the home at 725 Crane is likely a total loss, but the damage to the adjoining home can likely be repaired.
The family residing at 723 Crane received food and clothing assistance from the
(c)2014 The Morning Call (Allentown, Pa.)
Visit The Morning Call (Allentown, Pa.) at www.mcall.com
Distributed by MCT Information Services
We have detected that you are using an adblocker. The revenue we earn by advertisements allows us to publish quality content on InsuranceNewsNet.com.
If you wish to enjoy our content, please disable your adblocker and click the button below.
We hope you choose to whitelist our website and enjoy the content our team works hard to publish.