AIG Launches AIG Financial Network
HOUSTON, January 13, 2014 — American International Group, Inc. (NYSE: AIG) launches AIG Financial Network, a premier financial services group that will allow AIG to increase its investment in American families. AIG Financial Network will transform the existing American General Life Insurance Company career channel, leveraging AIG’s historic scope and resources to expand and better equip a broad range of representatives to coach clients and serve their needs over their lifetimes.
“The formation of AIG Financial Network represents a groundbreaking opportunity for us to bring the extraordinary power of AIG into the homes and lives of our fellow Americans,” said AIG President and Chief Executive Officer Robert H. Benmosche. “We will offer a variety of best-in-class products and services to secure the livelihoods of everyday Americans, allowing them not only to retire with dignity and send their kids to college, but also helping protect them against bad things when they happen.” Concluded Mr. Benmosche, “We are capitalizing on the best of AIG to build an unparalleled financial network that will solve a multitude of consumer needs.”
“AIG Financial Network is the premier place for both experienced financial advisors as well as new advisors and representatives who are looking to grow successful careers in the protection and retirement space,” said Senior Vice President Dan Mulé, who oversees AIG’s career distribution channel. “AIG Financial Network advisors will receive state-of-the-art training, and will be highly equipped to bring data-driven, needs-based financial planning and consultation to American families and small businesses nationwide.”
As part of the creation of AIG Financial Network, AIG is revamping its process for new advisors, including best-in-class systems for testing and training, as well as onboarding securities-licensed financial advisors.
AIG’s competitive advantages for its financial network will include:
- an elite caliber of financial advisors and representatives, specializing in consultative relationship building
- upgraded facilities – encompassing location, signage, design, capabilities, and technology
- expanded product offerings – in addition to traditional protection products, AIG Financial Network advisors will now be able to offer solutions to meet all stages of a consumer’s life, including a vast array of retirement and income solutions
- support systems to ensure success – including training, recruiting, operations, and staff
- innovative advanced technology – including a Customer Relationship Management (CRM) app and hands-on training that will facilitate processing, allowing policies to be issued to clients rapidly.
“AIG is America’s leading provider of insurance, retirement, and financial services,” Mulé said. “In building AIG Financial Network, we are leveraging our strong recruitment foundation, including outreach to veterans. AIG Financial Network will combine strategic consultation with trusted solutions customized for each client and family.”
To find out more about AIG Financial Network, or to apply, please visit www.aig.com/financialnetwork.