Individual life insurance new annualized premium increased 2 percent for the first half of 2016, compared with the first six months of 2015, according to the LIMRA U.S. Retail Individual Life Insurance Sales Survey.Read more
- Finding Inspiration In The Wake Of Life’s Storms
- What About Life Insurance in the DOL’s Fiduciary Rule?
- Just Who Do You Think You Are?
- Freedom From Estate Taxes Without Loss of Asset Control
- How Creative Destruction Shapes the Fixed Annuity Market
- RMD Expertise Can Save Your Clients From Painful Tax Bite
- HRAs Help Small Businesses Preserve Benefits, Save Money
- Farmers, Ranchers Need a Special Breed of Retirement Planning
- Top 5 Reasons to Walk Away From a Client
Every minute, the U.S. loses two acres of farmland to development. What does this have to do with financial advice?
Aug. 29– After giving a speech critical of the Obama Administration and Democrats in Congress, Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell said politics in Washington aren’t as polarizing as they seem. “I want to disabuse you of the notion that politics is more contentious than it’s ever been,” McConnell said to the Kentucky Chamber of Commerce at its inaugural…
AIG continues to dominate annuity sales, further establishing the company as a powerful financial presence. Healthy financial performance is enabling AIG to resist investors’ calls to break up the company.
The problem: The insurance co-ops created by the law have mostly gone belly-up. UnitedHealth bowed out of most states where it offered individual plans on the exchanges. Aetna pulled out from 11 states. And smaller carriers, like the start-up Oscar Health, which has been struggling, have reduced their footprint. Many of the nonprofit Blue Cross plans and other…