FFVA Mutual Establishes the Kids’ Chance of Florida FFVA Mutual | Craig Menzl Scholarship
Maitland, FL (June 22, 2021) — FFVA Mutual, a leading workers’ compensation insurance carrier, today announced it is partnering with Kids’ Chance of Florida to establish the FFVA Mutual | Craig Menzl Scholarship. This named scholarship will be offered through the Florida state chapter of Kids’ Chance of America, a non-profit whose mission is to provide college scholarships to children of seriously or fatally injured workers.
“We’ve established this scholarship to honor FFVA Mutual’s past president, Craig Menzl. During his 20 year tenure with our company, Craig’s efforts and contributions contributed to FFVA Mutual’s growth from a single-state, single industry insurer to a financially-strong and regional workers’ comp carrier licensed in ten states,” said FFVA Mutual president and CEO Alan Hair. “This scholarship also recognizes our solutionists who are dedicated to keeping employees safe at work and to providing the quality medical care and other benefits necessary to return individuals to work if they are injured on the job.”
“As we continue to grow in the state of Florida, it is wonderful to see the support of the workers’ compensation industry continue to expand,” said Stacy Hosman, Vice President of Kids’ Chance of Florida, Inc. “With the strong support of companies like FFVA Mutual, we are making a real difference in the lives of families that are truly in need. We are extremely grateful for their generosity and support.”
The annual scholarship will cover state college tuition for four years for one student whose parent was hurt on the job in Florida. The first recipient of the Kids’ Chance of Florida FFVA Mutual | Craig Menzl Scholarship will be revealed late summer 2021.
About FFVA Mutual
FFVA Mutual is a Florida-based regional insurance carrier specializing in workers’ compensation solutions since 1956. Rated A- (Excellent), FSC VIII by A.M. Best, the company insures a variety of industries and writes business in ten states (AL, FL, GA, IN, KY, MS, NC, SC, TN, and VA). More information about FFVA Mutual is available at www.ffvamutual.com.
About Kids’ Chance of Florida
Kids’ Chance of Florida is a state chapter of Kids’ Chance of America, a charitable organization dedicated to making a significant difference in the lives of all children affected by a workplace injury by helping them pursue and achieve their educational goals. Since its founding in 2015, Kids' Chance of Florida has awarded 40 scholarship totaling $170,000 and has a current graduation rate of 100%.
# # #
- Pandemic Led To First-Time Legacy Planning For 44.5 Million Americans
- Investors Still Blindsided Despite Doing The Right Things
- Social Security Administration: Cost-Of-Living Increase, Other News For 2022
- How Investors Often Earn Less Than They Should
- Advisors Increasingly Consider Nontraditional Fees
- North American, Annexus Launch Horizon Fixed Index Annuity Suite
- VAs Power Total Annuity Sales To Near-Record Growth, LIMRA Reports
- AIG Announces Senior Leadership Changes In Life & Retirement
- Milliman: Increased Pension Risk Transfer Activity Leads To Rise In Pricing Rate
- Lombard International’s Private Placement VA Available On FIDx
Health/Employee Benefits News
- Ossoff, Warnock Continue Push For Georgia Medicaid Expansion
- One-Third Of Workers Might Leave Jobs If Not For Health Insurance
- Insurers Return To Obamacare Market Exchange Amid Big Subsidies
- More Than 75% Of Aetna Medicare Advantage Members In 4.5 Star-Rated Plans
- Bill To End ‘White Bagging’ By Health Insurers Named After Wisconsin Cancer Patient
- Northwestern Mutual’s $6.5B 2022 Dividend Payout Largest Ever
- Murdaugh’s Ex-Law Firms Reaches Settlement With Dead Housekeeper’s Heirs
- Insurers Continue To Flirt With Electronic Health Records
- SC Attorney Murdaugh Denied Bond
- Tech Seen As Top Challenge In Life Insurance Industry, LIMRA Says