FFVA Mutual Establishes the Kids’ Chance of Florida FFVA Mutual | Craig Menzl Scholarship
Maitland, FL (June 22, 2021) — FFVA Mutual, a leading workers’ compensation insurance carrier, today announced it is partnering with Kids’ Chance of Florida to establish the FFVA Mutual | Craig Menzl Scholarship. This named scholarship will be offered through the Florida state chapter of Kids’ Chance of America, a non-profit whose mission is to provide college scholarships to children of seriously or fatally injured workers.
“We’ve established this scholarship to honor FFVA Mutual’s past president, Craig Menzl. During his 20 year tenure with our company, Craig’s efforts and contributions contributed to FFVA Mutual’s growth from a single-state, single industry insurer to a financially-strong and regional workers’ comp carrier licensed in ten states,” said FFVA Mutual president and CEO Alan Hair. “This scholarship also recognizes our solutionists who are dedicated to keeping employees safe at work and to providing the quality medical care and other benefits necessary to return individuals to work if they are injured on the job.”
“As we continue to grow in the state of Florida, it is wonderful to see the support of the workers’ compensation industry continue to expand,” said Stacy Hosman, Vice President of Kids’ Chance of Florida, Inc. “With the strong support of companies like FFVA Mutual, we are making a real difference in the lives of families that are truly in need. We are extremely grateful for their generosity and support.”
The annual scholarship will cover state college tuition for four years for one student whose parent was hurt on the job in Florida. The first recipient of the Kids’ Chance of Florida FFVA Mutual | Craig Menzl Scholarship will be revealed late summer 2021.
About FFVA Mutual
FFVA Mutual is a Florida-based regional insurance carrier specializing in workers’ compensation solutions since 1956. Rated A- (Excellent), FSC VIII by A.M. Best, the company insures a variety of industries and writes business in ten states (AL, FL, GA, IN, KY, MS, NC, SC, TN, and VA). More information about FFVA Mutual is available at www.ffvamutual.com.
About Kids’ Chance of Florida
Kids’ Chance of Florida is a state chapter of Kids’ Chance of America, a charitable organization dedicated to making a significant difference in the lives of all children affected by a workplace injury by helping them pursue and achieve their educational goals. Since its founding in 2015, Kids' Chance of Florida has awarded 40 scholarship totaling $170,000 and has a current graduation rate of 100%.
# # #
- Clients Are Relieved To Have Guaranteed Retirement Income, Survey Says
- Asia Stocks Advance, Tech Giants Rally After Fed Report
- How To Harness Bias For Retirement Investing
- Asian Stocks Sink After Wall St Pulls Back From Record
- Feds Sell Rare Wu Tang Clan Album Forfeited By Martin Shkreli
- What To Do When Your Clients Are Risk Averse
- Researchers Had To ‘Triple-Check’ Stunning 2Q Annuity Results
- First-Half 2021 Annuity Sales Up A Whopping 23%, Report Finds
- Start Me Up: Annuity Group To Sponsor Rolling Stones’ Tour
- Allianz Launches Annuity Product For DC Market
- Anthem, Dignity Contract Dispute Leaves Many Insureds In Limbo
- Gavin Newsom Signs Law Expanding Health Care For Undocumented Californians
- Missouri High Court Says Medicaid Expansion ‘Valid’
- Mississippi Pharmacist Pleads Guilty To More Than $180M Health Care Fraud
- Is Obamacare Here To Stay, After All?
- Principal Financial In A ‘Good Place To Fight From’ As Competitors Scale Up
- Women Lost Retirement, Life Insurance In Romance Scams, FBI Alleges
- Pamela Hupp Makes Her First Appearance In Court On New Murder Charge
- AmeriLife Group Acquires Saybrus Partners From Nassau Financial Group
- Lincoln The Latest Carrier To Pull Life Products From New York