Claimatic Hires Tim Christ as Vice President of Growth
(San Antonio, Texas) Claimatic®, a SaaS-based automated claims technology that streamlines, automates, and expedites the claims process for insurers, has announced the appointment of insurance industry veteran Tim Christ to the new role of vice president of growth. As VP of Growth, Christ will be responsible for Claimatic’s new business development partnering with insurance carriers to enhance claims operations and workforce optimization capabilities.
Christ brings nearly 20 years of global experience in the insurance industry. He personally led the investigation of thousands of insurance claims and has been directly involved in many mediations and trials. His vast experience in all Property & Casualty (P&C) claims types, including managing billion-dollar losses, provides him unparalleled insight into how the claims process responds to claim events. He has managed claims through multiple catastrophic events, including the Texas Mold Claims Crisis in 2001, Hurricane Wilma in Mexico in 2005, Katrina, Ike, the Chilean earthquake in 2010, Thailand flooding in 2011, Calgary, Canada flooding in 2013, Hurricanes Sandy and Irene, and others.
Christ is also a well-known thought leader and contributor in the P&C insurance claims industry. He published “Becoming a World-Class Expert: The Business of Forensic Engineering” in 2018 and a second business and technology book in 2020. Christ frequently contributes to National Underwriter, is a five-time speaker at the Insurance Risk Management Institute’s (IRMI) Annual Energy Conference, presents at various Risk Insurance Management Society (RIMS) events, Property Loss Research Bureau (PLRB), and others. He has been interviewed by NBC News and has appeared on numerous insurance podcasts, including SpotOnInsurance, The Claims Podcast, and Trendbreakers.
“It is critical for every InsurTech company to have customer-facing experts that have an intimate understanding of the challenges that insurance carriers face,” said Larry Cochran, CEO of Claimatic. “We are thrilled to have Tim join the team because he deeply understands our customers, is passionate about continuously improving the policyholder claims experience, and is a thought leader around claims processing.”
Tim comments, “As our colleagues in London like to say, I took ‘gardening leave’ after our sale of LWG Consulting to private equity, in order to focus on raising my then 2-year old son, Kaleb. I’ve evaluated several opportunities in the last few years, but none got me as excited as Claimatic. The opportunity to dramatically speed up the claims process has the potential impact of hundreds of millions in savings, and so I’ve decided it’s time to re-engage in the insurance industry that I love. It’s a real pleasure to join the Claimatic leadership team, especially since they are based in my home of San Antonio, and I look forward to the opportunity to re-connect and serve many of my former clients!
For more information about Claimatic, please visit Claimatic.com or contact Ven Shanmugam, COO, at 210-920-2406 or [email protected]
Claimatic, based in San Antonio, Texas, is a SaaS-based solution for the insurance industry that streamlines and automates claims distribution to optimal resources based on real-time, dynamic data. It helps insurance carriers and vendors meet their customers’ increasing expectations with expedited claim processing and a highly improved experience, all while streamlining costs. In less than a second, Claimatic performs the complex task of evaluating thousands of iterative decisions, using multiple dimensions such as location tracking, license qualification, skill sets, schedule availability, vendor panel preferences, and other data — removing days from the typical claim cycle time.
- Survey Shows Advisors’ Evolving Views Of Fixed Income
- Gen Z Workers Hit Most By Pandemic’s Impact
- Private Capital, Public Policy Can Help Close The Racial Wealth Gap
- Max Baucus: We Need To Raise Taxes Fairly, But Leave Existing Roth IRAs Alone
- COVID-19 Prompted First-Time Legacy Planning Conversations For 44.5M
- ‘Annuity King’ Alleges IRS Misconduct In New Florida Lawsuit
- Plan Sponsors Show Strong Interest In Guaranteed Lifetime Income
- Jackson National Enters The Registered Index-Linked Annuity Market
- Brookfield Closes $10B Reinsurance Deal With American Equity
- Federal Life Launches Digital Currency Variable Annuity
Health/Employee Benefits News
- 63% Are Reviewing Coverage As Medicare Annual Enrollment Period Begins
- Anheuser-Busch In-Bev Employee Pleads Guilty In Health Care Fraud Scheme
- 2/3 Of Older Americans Still Fear Getting COVID-19, AmeriLife Survey Says
- Colorado Requires Some Health Insurance Plans To Cover Gender-Affirming Care
- Biden Administration Approves Colorado’s Inclusive Health Care Plan
- Alex Murdaugh Charged With Taking Insurance Money In Maid’s Death
- Ex-Employees: Shurwest Execs Knew About Dubious IUL Sales
- ‘Murdaugh Handed Me A Loaded Gun,’ Says Man In Alleged Suicide-For-Hire Plot
- US Life Insurers Remain On Strong Financial Footing, ACLI Speaker Says
- ACLI Elects Chair, Board And Officers For 2022