Claimatic Hires Tim Christ as Vice President of Growth
(San Antonio, Texas) Claimatic®, a SaaS-based automated claims technology that streamlines, automates, and expedites the claims process for insurers, has announced the appointment of insurance industry veteran Tim Christ to the new role of vice president of growth. As VP of Growth, Christ will be responsible for Claimatic’s new business development partnering with insurance carriers to enhance claims operations and workforce optimization capabilities.
Christ brings nearly 20 years of global experience in the insurance industry. He personally led the investigation of thousands of insurance claims and has been directly involved in many mediations and trials. His vast experience in all Property & Casualty (P&C) claims types, including managing billion-dollar losses, provides him unparalleled insight into how the claims process responds to claim events. He has managed claims through multiple catastrophic events, including the Texas Mold Claims Crisis in 2001, Hurricane Wilma in Mexico in 2005, Katrina, Ike, the Chilean earthquake in 2010, Thailand flooding in 2011, Calgary, Canada flooding in 2013, Hurricanes Sandy and Irene, and others.
Christ is also a well-known thought leader and contributor in the P&C insurance claims industry. He published “Becoming a World-Class Expert: The Business of Forensic Engineering” in 2018 and a second business and technology book in 2020. Christ frequently contributes to National Underwriter, is a five-time speaker at the Insurance Risk Management Institute’s (IRMI) Annual Energy Conference, presents at various Risk Insurance Management Society (RIMS) events, Property Loss Research Bureau (PLRB), and others. He has been interviewed by NBC News and has appeared on numerous insurance podcasts, including SpotOnInsurance, The Claims Podcast, and Trendbreakers.
“It is critical for every InsurTech company to have customer-facing experts that have an intimate understanding of the challenges that insurance carriers face,” said Larry Cochran, CEO of Claimatic. “We are thrilled to have Tim join the team because he deeply understands our customers, is passionate about continuously improving the policyholder claims experience, and is a thought leader around claims processing.”
Tim comments, “As our colleagues in London like to say, I took ‘gardening leave’ after our sale of LWG Consulting to private equity, in order to focus on raising my then 2-year old son, Kaleb. I’ve evaluated several opportunities in the last few years, but none got me as excited as Claimatic. The opportunity to dramatically speed up the claims process has the potential impact of hundreds of millions in savings, and so I’ve decided it’s time to re-engage in the insurance industry that I love. It’s a real pleasure to join the Claimatic leadership team, especially since they are based in my home of San Antonio, and I look forward to the opportunity to re-connect and serve many of my former clients!
For more information about Claimatic, please visit Claimatic.com or contact Ven Shanmugam, COO, at 210-920-2406 or [email protected]
Claimatic, based in San Antonio, Texas, is a SaaS-based solution for the insurance industry that streamlines and automates claims distribution to optimal resources based on real-time, dynamic data. It helps insurance carriers and vendors meet their customers’ increasing expectations with expedited claim processing and a highly improved experience, all while streamlining costs. In less than a second, Claimatic performs the complex task of evaluating thousands of iterative decisions, using multiple dimensions such as location tracking, license qualification, skill sets, schedule availability, vendor panel preferences, and other data — removing days from the typical claim cycle time.
- After A Year Of Uncertainty, The Value Of Professional Financial Advice Goes Up
- Vatican Trial Opens On Financial Scandal Rocking The Papacy
- Should Retirees Get Out Of The Stock Market?
- Don’t Forget About Taxes On Cryptocurrencies
- Here’s How To Develop A Gold-Medal Financial Plan In 2021
- Start Me Up: Annuity Group To Sponsor Rolling Stones’ Tour
- Allianz Launches Annuity Product For DC Market
- New American Equity Fixed Index Annuity Offers Paths To Lifetime Income
- ‘Annuity King’ Partner Takes Plea Deal; Florida Fraud Trial Expected In Fall
- NAIC Committee Passes Annuity Sales FAQs
- Missouri High Court Says Medicaid Expansion ‘Valid’
- Mississippi Pharmacist Pleads Guilty To More Than $180M Health Care Fraud
- Is Obamacare Here To Stay, After All?
- Michigan Health Insurers Seeking Bigger Rate Hikes
- Minnesota Lawmakers Renew Health Reinsurance Program For Just 1 Year
- Lincoln The Latest Carrier To Pull Life Products From New York
- US Attorney: NY Man’s Scams Included The Theft Of 420K In Life Insurance
- Final Expense, Pre-Need Life Insurance Show Mixed Sales Results In 2020
- SC Woman Who Shot Husband To Death Sentenced To 30 Years In Prison
- First-Half 2021 Life Insurance Applications Up Sharply, MIB Reports