Common registry items people didn't register for but now wish they had included a robotic vacuum cleaner, an air fryer and lawn equipment. Below is a ranked list of what people wish they had registered for, as well as the percentage of people who did register for the item and are still glad about it.
Most wished for rank (Didn't register for it, now wish they had)
Percentage who wish they had registered for it
Percentage who did register for it
Percentage still glad they did
Robotic vacuum cleaner
Food saver/vacuum seal system
Many respondents did receive and insure such items, including fine china (14%), fine silver (11%), fine crystal (10%) and valuable artwork (6%).
When asked to name their favorite gift that they registered for and received, one person said an elephant ride; another said a trip to
Some of the more unusual gifts couples received were regifts. One person said they received a restaurant gift card for an odd amount, as if part of it had been used. Another received a registry book that had already been written in.
Respondents also weighed in on etiquette topics, including registering for money. While two-thirds of people (66%) think registering for money is fine, the other third (34%) think it's tacky/in poor taste. Registering for money is least socially acceptable in the Northeast, where 41% of respondents think it's in poor taste, while it's most accepted in the South, where fewer than a third (30%) think it's tacky.
Almost half of those surveyed (46%) said they registered for money. Of those, nearly half (45%) said it was for general use, while 31% said it was for a honeymoon. Ten percent said it was for a down payment on a house, and the same percentage said the money was for a home improvement project.
People were of two minds when it came to offering advice to couples registering today. Several said they'd advise couples to register for expensive items they'd never buy for themselves (one said to register for "something special that will make you cry when you see it") while others encouraged registering only for practical items they would use often, with one saying "get the needs out of the way before the wants."
Hear people talk about their own wedding registry experiences here.
This survey was conducted online by
News releases and more information about
View original content to download multimedia:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/with-october-being-the-biggest-month-for-weddings-national-survey-by-erie-insurance-reveals-items-couples-didnt-register-for-but-wish-they-had-300928817.html