"I would think that my colleagues on the other side of the aisle would get tired of trying to take health care away from Americans, particularly right now,"
A fact sheet on the provisions of the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Enhancement Act is available here https://energycommerce.house.gov/sites/democrats.energycommerce.house.gov/files/documents/Affordable%20Care%20Enhancement%20Act%20-%20Fact%20Sheet.pdf. The bill:
* significantly increases the ACA's affordability subsidies so that no person will pay more than 8.5 percent of their income on a silver plan in the Marketplaces;
* expands coverage and pushes hold-out states to adopt Medicaid expansion;
* negotiates lower prescription drug prices so that Americans no longer have to pay more for our medicines than Big Pharma charges for the same drugs overseas;
* cracks down on junk plans and strengthens protections for people with pre-existing conditions; and
* combats inequity in health coverage faced by communities of color--particularly the Black maternal mortality epidemic--by expanding Medicaid coverage to one-year postpartum.
* A new report (https://www.americanprogress.org/issues/healthcare/news/2020/06/24/486768/health-care-repeal-lawsuit-strip-coverage-23-million-americans/) from the
"Our country is facing an extraordinary crisis as the world works to mitigate the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic," the Members wrote. "You must guarantee that every individual in