"This is an important promotion for Hagerty," said CEO
Champagne becomes the second woman COO in Hagerty history. According to a four-year market study by
Champagne joined Hagerty in 1999 as leader of the sales and service operation and was promoted to vice president of human resources in 2002. Most recently she held the title of
"Hagerty has become a market leader and an automotive brand recognized for excellence worldwide precisely because we have such great people," said Champagne. "My passion since I joined Hagerty has been helping employees develop to their full potential so they in turn can continue to help us make Hagerty a stronger company and a fantastic place to work, and that will continue to be a major focus of mine as COO."
Hagerty, a privately held company, is the world's largest provider of specialty insurance to vintage vehicle enthusiasts. It employs more than 1,000 people worldwide, with offices in
- The Hagerty Valuation Tool, the gold standard for classic vehicle current values and market trend insights.
- Hagerty, the magazine, which is among the highest circulation car magazines in the country.
- "The Barn Find Hunter," one of the most popular automobile focused shows on YouTube with more than 500,000 subscribers.
- Hagerty Plus, the industry's most comprehensive roadside service.
- DriveShare, the nation's only peer-to-peer classic vehicle rental marketplace.
Later this year, Hagerty will launch a membership organization called
For more information, call (800) 922-4050 or visit www.hagerty.com.
View original content to download multimedia:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/hagerty-names-new-chief-operating-officer-300721856.html