By the Numbers: New America's Health Insurance Plans Resource Illustrates How Employer-Provided Coverage Supports Better Health and Financial Stability
Targeted News Service (Press Releases)
WASHINGTON, April 28 (TNSRes) -- America's Health Insurance Plans issued the following news release on April 27, 2022:
Every American deserves affordable, high-quality health coverage that delivers access to proven health care and peace of mind. Employer-provided coverage plays a vital role in protecting the health and financial stability for nearly 180 million hardworking Americans. Today, as part of its [email protected] campaign, AHIP released Employer-Provided Health Coverage: State-to-State 2022, a new data resource highlighting the value that employer-provided coverage provides for families and communities across the nation.
"Americans have real choices and real control in the care, coverage, and protection they receive through work," said Jeanette Thornton, Senior Vice President of Product, Employer, and Commercial Policy at AHIP. "By building on the strength, stability, and success of employer-provided coverage, we can ensure that more Americans have access to the affordable, high-quality care they deserve."
* Number of employees covered by employer insurance
* Number of employees covered by an employer compared to coverage from other sources such as Medicare, Medicaid, or the individual Market
* Percent of premiums paid by employers
* Number of jobs the industry generates, both directly and indirectly
* Number of active physicians financed and community hospitals supported
"Health insurance providers are proud to partner with America's employers to provide comprehensive health coverage to working families," Thornton continued. "We'll continue to offer new and innovative solutions so employers can choose plans that meet the diverse needs of their employees."
[email protected] recently released a one-pager focusing on the people that employer-provided coverage serves. Findings from the issue brief include:
* Nearly half of Black Americans (47%) are enrolled in employer-provided coverage
* More than 40% of Hispanic Americans are enrolled in employer-provided coverage
* About two-thirds of Asian Americans and Native Hawaiian and Pacific Islanders are enrolled in employer-provided coverage
* 50% of children (age 0-18) in the United States receive health coverage through a parent/guardian's job
* 60% of those with incomes between 200-399% of the Federal Poverty Line (FPL) -- $20,578 for a family of 3 -- are enrolled in employer-provided coverage