Many workers who buy voluntary life insurance value it enough to continue paying for it. That perceived value should make a solid foundation upon which to build.
FRANKFORT, Ky., Feb. 28 -- Gov. Steve Beshear, D-Ky., issued the following news release:
Signups for affordable health insurance are still going strong in the Commonwealth. In February alone, nearly 70,000 Kentuckians signed up for health insurance, or about 2,400 each day this month.
Nearly 265,000 Kentuckians are now enrolled in new healthcare coverage through kynect, and that number is expected to grow as the last month of open enrollment begins. Approximately 48 percent of all kynect enrollees are under the age of 35.
Open enrollment continues through March 31 for any Kentuckian seeking health insurance. kynect administrators report that the website consistently supports 2,000 concurrent users during heaviest usage times.
kynect has been hailed as a national model since its launch for its smooth operation and easy interface for users looking for affordable health coverage.
With approximately 640,000 uninsured Kentuckians prior to the start of open enrollment on Oct. 1, kynect is helping significantly reduce that number and ensure access to quality, affordable care each day.
The below statistics reflect activity on kynect as of 8 a.m. Friday, Feb. 28:
- 264,914 Kentuckians are enrolled in new health coverage
- 210,545 have qualified for Medicaid coverage
- 54,369 have purchased private insurance
- 1,173,577 unique visitors have viewed 42.1 million web pages
- 727,236 individuals have conducted preliminary screenings
- 16,972 have enrolled in standalone dental plans
- 64,234 have been found eligible for a subsidy to purchase a qualified health plan, some have yet to select a plan
- 1,480 small businesses have started applications for employee coverage; 582 of those businesses have completed applications and are eligible to offer coverage to employees.
- 576,987 calls have been handled by the kynect contact center
For further updates on kynect numbers, visit governor.ky.gov/healthierky. Statistics will be updated there regularly.
TNS 18EstebanLiz-140301-30FurigayJane-4653504 30FurigayJane