Suffolk Federal Credit Union Launches Insurance Agency through Partnership with Insuritas
Medford, NY/East Windsor, CT, April 20, 2022 – Suffolk Federal Credit Union, ranked as one of New York’s top credit unions, has partnered with Insuritas, a full-service digital insurance agency platform, to begin offering insurance brokerage services to Suffolk Federal’s more than 65,000 members. The new insurance agency, a credit union service organization (CUSO) wholly owned by Suffolk Federal Credit Union, is engineered to offer personal, ancillary, and commercial insurance products, supporting Suffolk’s commitment to providing the widest array of financial products and services to their members.
“We are always looking for opportunities to enhance the value and experience we provide to our members. In collaboration with Insuritas, we can offer our members a variety of insurance options which could save them both time and money,” said Suffolk Federal Credit Union President and CEO Michele Dean. “Affordability, convenience, and quality of insurance offerings are some of the benefits the agency will provide our members.
”The Agency will include more than 40 carrier partners and will offer products including life, home, renter’s, auto, pet, identity theft, travel, and professional liability insurance, among many others.
“We’re delighted to announce our relationship with Suffolk and are proud to have earned the opportunity to build, launch, and manage a full-service, digitally powered insurance agency for the credit union and its members,” said Insuritas Chairman and CEO Jeffrey Chesky. “Through our relationship, the credit union will now be able to provide simple, seamless access to competitive options for their members’ insurance needs, all with a focus on delivering the right coverages at the right price at the right time.”
About Suffolk Federal Credit Union
Suffolk Federal Credit Union is a local not-for-profit cooperative financial institution owned and operated by its members. It was chartered in 1967 by the National Credit Union Administration (NCUA). The volunteer-directed credit union has assets in excess of $1.5 billion, 10 branches and over 65,000 members, including partnerships with Suffolk County employees and unions. Membership is open to anyone who lives, works, worships, attends school or regularly conducts business in Nassau and Suffolk counties as well as immediate family members of current membership. Suffolk Federal Credit Union was named the #1 credit union on Long Island and the #2 credit union in New York State in a recent report from Forbes. To learn more, visit www.suffolkfcu.org or call 631-924-8000.
The Insuritas mission is to connect people to the insurance products they need through a seamless, transparent shopping experience where carriers compete to provide them with the right coverage at the right price. The Insuritas meta-agency platform, deployed across a network of partners serving over 10M customers nationally, empowers financial institutions to leverage proprietary data-mining techniques and integrations with a broad array of insurance carriers to make highly personalized, digitally optimized insurance offers to their depositors, all within their brand. These strategies help further their commitment to the financial well-being of their customers, while driving a critical source of non-interest income for their institution. For more information, visit www.insuritas.com.
- ‘Spring Cleaning’ Includes Your Client’s Finances, Too
- Retirement Savers Remain Confident Despite Short-Term Woes
- City of Memphis Helps Employees With Financial Wellness Programs
- IRI CEO: ‘I Am Optimistic for Our Industry’s Future’
- 2/3 Of Near-Retirees Failed Or Barely Passed A Basic Social Security Quiz
- Nationwide To Pay $5.6M For Annuity Violations, NY Regulators Say
- LibertyMark Freedom Fixed Indexed Annuities Launch
- Nationwide Adds BNP Paribas Global H-Factor Index To FIA
- Transamerica Launches Structured Index Advantage Annuity
- Recommending FIAs: Start With The Client’s Objective
Health/Employee Benefits News
- Insurance execs and others weigh in on the industry’s critical talent gap
- Medicaid Managed Care Bill Wins Approval Of Oklahoma Lawmakers
- EBRI Studies Expanding Pre-Deductible Coverage For Chronic Conditions
- Most Consumers Choose To Pay Higher LTCi Premiums
- CMS Creates More User-Friendly Medicare Website
- Industry Looks To Extend COVID-Related Life Insurance Sales Boom
- The 5 Secrets To Retaining Financial Sales Professionals
- Life Insurance Activity Continues Dip In April But Still Stronger Than 2021, MIB Reports
- Transamerica Adds Execs To Annuity And Life Insurance Team
- Northwestern Mutual Invests $5M In Black-Led Financial Institutions