Senior Market Sales (SMS) Grows Medicare Distribution With Acquisition of Medigap Life
Omaha, Nebraska – Senior Market Sales® (SMS), one of the industry’s premier insurance marketing organizations, has acquired Medigap Life, a highly successful call center serving thousands of customers in all 50 states with affordable Medicare health insurance plans.
“In addition to having exceptional customer service and compliance, Medigap Life has cracked the code on lead generation, showing the ability to generate a high volume of leads profitably,” said SMS President Jim Summers. “As SMS continues to grow organically and through acquisitions of successful companies, Medigap Life epitomizes the type of company we and our parent company, Alliant Insurance Services, want to partner with – one that will make us stronger and that we can help scale for even more success together.”
For five years, Medigap Life has used the SMS platform, which includes proprietary technology, industry-leading back-office support, proven marketing systems and a comprehensive product portfolio of health and wealth solutions from top carriers.
Vincent Cortazar, Managing Partner of Medigap Life, said that the acquisition will provide Medigap Life with the increased bandwidth to reach and learn from more customers in an effort to further improve the customer experience and policy retention.
“We see SMS as not only a leader within the Medicare space but also a company of integrity,” Cortazar said. “We believe together, we can bring positive change to the Medicare industry for both our consumers and carrier partners.”
Medigap Life will continue to operate from its offices and call centers in Florida, North Carolina and New York with existing leadership and employees and no expected disruption of business.
Based in Omaha, Nebraska, SMS has more than 430 employees, and its distribution network includes 65,000 independent insurance agents, 1,000 career agents, call centers, and a wholly owned Registered Investment Adviser (RIA) firm.
About Senior Market Sales
Senior Market Sales® (SMS) represents top Medicare Supplement, Medicare Advantage, annuity, life, long-term care, and travel insurance carriers in all 50 states. More than 65,000 independent insurance agents rely on SMS for proprietary technology, competitive insurance products, and expert training and service to help them leverage their time, make more money, and put their business in a position of distinction. Founded in 1982, SMS is headquartered in Omaha, Nebraska. In 2020, SMS joined the Alliant Insurance Services family of companies. Visit www.SeniorMarketSales.com or call 1.800.786.5566 for more information.
About Alliant Insurance Services
Alliant Insurance Services is one of the nation’s leading distributors of diversified insurance products and services. We operate through a network of specialized national platforms and local offices to offer our clients a comprehensive portfolio of solutions built on innovative thinking and personal service. The business of managing risk is getting more complex, and Alliant is meeting this complexity head-on, not with more layers of management, but with more creativity and agility. Alliant is changing the way our clients approach risk management and benefits, so they can capitalize on new opportunities to grow and protect their organizations. Visit us at alliant.com.
- The wealth effect cuts both ways
- Advisors and consumers agree on need for retirement income planning
- For Americans, 2021 delivered healthiest finances in 8 years
- ‘Spring Cleaning’ Includes Your Client’s Finances, Too
- Retirement Savers Remain Confident Despite Short-Term Woes
- Principal Financial Group closes annuity reinsurance transaction
- McDowell County man hits $2 million lottery jackpot
- AIG back on top of first-quarter annuity sales, LIMRA reports
- Nationwide To Pay $5.6M For Annuity Violations, NY Regulators Say
- LibertyMark Freedom Fixed Indexed Annuities Launch
Health/Employee Benefits News
- Medicaid-expansion bill clears two committees in the N.C. General Assembly
- Pandemic, disparities, trust erosion challenge health care
- Health insurance case goes to Georgia Supreme Court
- Pennsylvania Bill For Continued CHIP Coverage Gains Committee Approval
- Oklahoma Medicaid managed care bill passes
- Nationwide adds new index options to IUL Accumulator II 2020
- Finseca and NAILBA are officially merged
- Few players propelling huge private equity push into insurance
- NAIFA symposium provides insight, advice on engaging a more diverse client base
- NAIFA foundation will support the next generation of financial professionals