Urbana, MD, March 18, 2015 – In 2013, Legal & General America announced a flexible eDelivery solution to deliver life insurance policies to customers electronically, saving brokerage general agencies time and money. To create its eDelivery platform, Legal & General America partnered with DocuSign, the global leader in eSignature, and Paypal to process online payments.
Since the launch of Legal & General America's eDelivery solution:
• Over 60,000 policies have been signed electronically.
• 30% of Legal & General America policies are eDelivered.
• 20% of eDelivered policies are completed within 1 day of receipt.
• More than half of eDelivered policies are completed by the policy owner within 7 calendar days.
• On average, eDelivery policies are activated 2 weeks sooner than paper policies.
• To date, time saved using eDelivery instead of paper totals nearly 912,500 days or 2,500 years.
In 2014, Legal & General America's proprietary eDelivery platform received the prestigious Novarica Research Council Impact Award.
For more information contact:
Megan Morris, Creative Services Specialist
Legal & General America life insurance products are issued by Banner Life Insurance Company, Urbana, MD and William Penn Life Insurance Company of New York, Garden City, NY. Banner is licensed to do business in 49 states and the District of Columbia. William Penn does business exclusively in New York; Banner does not solicit business there.