"Selecting a health plan is one of the most critical decisions Americans make each year," said
WellCare Offers Enhanced Medicare Advantage Plans in More Places
For 2020, WellCare is adding 68 new Medicare Advantage plans for a total of 261 plans with
- Expansive Networks of providers, hospitals and specialists with primary care providers (PCPs) serving as a "medical home" for members to help coordinate care with specialists.
- Community-Based Supports: Care teams support members with chronic conditions or after hospitalizations providing in-home visits; coordinating doctor visits; educating members about everyday healthy behaviors; and connecting them to needed social services and community-based programs.
- Affordable Coverage: Many plans have no additional premiums, while doctor visits and prescription drugs have
$0or low co-pays. Plans have a cap on yearly out-of-pocket expenses, and members pay $0 for a 90-day supply of generic medications from CVS Caremark Home Delivery.
- Expanded Plan Offerings include:
- Nine new Part B Premium Giveback plans ranging from
$300to $1,572annually, which refund a portion of members' Part B premiums back into their social security checks.
- 18 new
Preferred Provider Organization(PPO) plans, including PPO Dual Eligible Special Needs Plans (D-SNPs)
- 11 new
- Chronic Condition Special Needs Plans (C-SNPs) and Tiered plans tested in select markets
- Supplemental Benefits: New in 2020, some plans offer the following benefits:
- Flex Card – Prepaid debit card to help cover out-of-pocket expenses for ancillary services such as dental, vision and hearing.
- OTC Products – Members pay
$0for certain over-the-counter (OTC) products worth up to $1,800annually, depending on the plan.
- Dental, Vision and Hearing benefits available on almost all plans with dental benefits in some plans up to
$5,000annually, many including dentures.
- Transportation included on many plans for one-way trips to healthcare-related locations on some select plans.
- Delivered Meals including up to 84 meals provided annually.
- Fitness Programs including access to health clubs, streaming exercise classes and fitness apps, or alternatively, at-home kits featuring fitness trackers.
- Alternative Therapies for Pain Management including up to 30 visits for acupuncture, massage and chiropractic services on some select plans.
In-Home Support Servicesincluding up to 24 visits annually to help members with basic living needs like cleaning and cooking.
WellCare Prescription Drug Plans Offer Continued Value
WellCare will offer six different standalone Prescription Drug Plans (PDPs) featuring a variety of low premiums, copays, deductibles, formularies and preferred network options available in all 50 U.S. states and
Among the highlights, WellCare has launched a new PDP, WellCare Wellness Rx, featuring an average premium of
In 2020, WellCare will continue to offer some of the lowest premiums across the country with premiums of
Plans will feature large networks, including the addition of new pharmacies with preferred cost sharing where out-of-pocket costs are generally lower. Preferred pharmacies vary by plan but include many large pharmacy chains such as Walmart, CVS, grocers and independent pharmacies. Members will also pay
For more information about WellCare's 2020 Medicare Advantage offerings, visit www.wellcarenow.com or call 1-877-823-8267.
For more information about WellCare's 2020 Medicare Prescription Drug Plan offerings, visit www.pdpwellcare.com or call 1-866-907-4965.
'Ohana Health Plan, a plan offered by
View original content to download multimedia:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/wellcare-expands-medicare-benefits-for-2020-annual-enrollment-period-300955017.html