"Protecting the health care of New Jerseyans has never been more important, and the improvements in this bill have never been more necessary," said
If passed, the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Enhancement Act would:
* Lower health coverage costs by dramatically expanding the ACA's insurance affordability subsidies to cover more middle-class families and to be more generous for those already receiving them. Many enrollees will see their premiums cut by half or more, and for the first time, no one will have to pay more than 8.5 percent of their income for a silver plan in the ACA marketplaces.
* Negotiate for lower prescription drug prices by delivering the power to negotiate lower drug prices so that Americans no longer have to pay more for our medicines than Big Pharma changes for the same drugs overseas.
* Expand coverage by encouraging Medicaid expansion and the expansion of state-based exchanges.
* Combat inequity in health coverage faced by communities of color by expanding more affordable coverage to vulnerable populations and fighting the maternal mortality epidemic by requiring states to extend Medicaid or CHIP coverage to new mothers for a full year post-partum.
* Crack down on junk plans & strengthens protections for people with pre-existing conditions by reversing the