Court staffer arrested for approaching Trump during his NYC fraud trial [New York Daily News]
Donald Trump’s
The woman, who has not been named, came into the courtroom where Trump, his sons and top executives are on trial after a mid-morning break. Once inside, she stood up, walked in the direction of the defense table and attempted to communicate something to Trump. The state
“This individual was stopped by court officers before she got near Mr. Trump or any of the attorneys or other litigants. None of the parties were ever in any danger,” OCA spokesman
The court staffer, a young woman wearing a black blazer and a short black skirt, was charged with second-degree contempt of court and placed on immediate administrative leave. Chalfen said she would be prohibited from entering court facilities pending the outcome of an investigation.
Trump, sitting at the defense tables between his lawyers, did not have a notable reaction to the fleeting incident. Earlier in the morning, he was overheard sighing and seen throwing up his hands in dismay while real estate appraiser
In a damaging day of testimony for Team Trump on Tuesday, Larson, former executive director of international real estate firm
AG lawyers presented evidence showing ex-Trump controller
But Larson denied that phone call ever happened and said it was wrong of the company to represent him as an outside expert who participated in valuations “in conjunction” with Trump execs. He appraised several Trump-owned and involved assets for the company’s lenders but not on behalf of the
During a series of heated back and forths in court Wednesday, Trump lawyers insinuated Larson was lying on cross-examination, presenting two pieces of correspondence between him and McConney in which the controller sought his insight. Larson said he didn’t remember them.
The Republican frontrunner for president, 77, said the correspondence was an example of prosecutors withholding evidence that proved him “totally innocent.”
“See what’s happened? The government lied — they just lie. They didn’t reveal all of the information that they had,” the former president charged. “They didn’t reveal all the evidence that made me totally innocent of anything that they say.”
The AG has already won her top claim against Trump and his top associates, including sons Eric and
The case on trial covers the AG’s remaining six claims related to insurance fraud and is expected to last through December.
Trump and his associates deny all wrongdoing and are appealing Engoron’s pretrial judgment, which also stripped them of their
The former president returned to his
This story will be updated.
©2023 New York Daily News. Visit nydailynews.com. Distributed by Tribune Content Agency, LLC.



James River To Hold Its Third Quarter Earnings Conference Call on Wednesday, November 8, 2023
Brown & Brown, Inc. announces 13% increase in quarterly cash dividend rate
Advisor News
- Study asks: How do different generations approach retirement?
- LTC: A critical component of retirement planning
- Middle-class households face worsening cost pressures
- Metlife study finds less than half of US workforce holistically healthy
- Invigorating client relationships with AI coaching
More Advisor NewsAnnuity News
- Trademark Application for “INSPIRING YOUR FINANCIAL FUTURE” Filed by Great-West Life & Annuity Insurance Company: Great-West Life & Annuity Insurance Company
- Jackson Financial ramps up reinsurance strategy to grow annuity sales
- Insurer to cut dozens of jobs after making splashy CT relocation
- AM Best Comments on Credit Ratings of Teachers Insurance and Annuity Association of America Following Agreement to Acquire Schroders, plc.
- Crypto meets annuities: what to know about bitcoin-linked FIAs
More Annuity NewsHealth/Employee Benefits News
- SENATOR THOMPSON'S LEGISLATION TO CURB DENTAL INSURANCE OVERREACH RECEIVES FULL SENATE APPROVAL
- DEPARTMENT OF HUMAN SERVICES OFFICIAL TALKS PROGRAM INTEGRITY UPDATES
- ATTORNEY GENERAL JAMES SECURES SWEEPING REFORMS IMPROVING ACCESS TO MENTAL HEALTH CARE FOR EMBLEMHEALTH MEMBERS
- EmblemHealth will pay $2.5 million after investigation reveals 'ghost network' of providers
- Cellphone ban dies; literacy and teacher health insurance bills head to governor's desk
More Health/Employee Benefits NewsLife Insurance News