With Automatic's new app and easy-to-install adapter, most vehicles, model year 1996 or later, can become connected. Automatic makes it easy for auto dealers and consumers to add connectivity to their vehicles at the time of sale. It is the first and only aftermarket device available through dealerships with a free trial subscription.
The Automatic Dealer Program enables dealers to offer consenting customers a trial subscription that includes three free years of Automatic's Crash Alert and Connected Maintenance services, as well as six free months of premium services, such as roadside assistance. This offering delivers connected vehicle services for a net cost to the dealer as low as
Automatic delivers benefits to both customers and auto dealers. In addition to the important safety and convenience features, drivers will receive service alerts and recall notifications for their connected vehicle. Dealers, at no additional cost to them, can be notified when their customers are due for service and will have the ability to invite those customers back to their dealership for maintenance or repairs.
Consumers with Automatic get:
- Crash Alert: Detects when a serious collision occurs and enables responders to contact the driver, send emergency services, and contact a driver's emergency contacts.
- Roadside assistance: Sends towing and roadside services to a driver's location when help is needed.
- Real-time vehicle location monitoring and sharing: Shows where car is parked in a crowded lot, and can keep a driver connected with family while out on the road.
- Vehicle health and performance monitoring: Gain insights on driving performance and identify issues when check engine light is on.
- Recall notifications and service reminders: Receive timely recall notifications and service reminders; book service appointments with a dealer with a few simple clicks.
- Integration with smart home devices: Open garage door, adjust thermostat, and turn on house lights on your way to or from home.
Dealers working with Automatic get:
- Added value for dealer lots: Automatic transforms most cars on the lot into connected vehicles, adding value to dealers' inventory with the ability to pass along the benefit of Automatic's safety and convenience features.
- 6-month free premium subscription offers: At the time of sale, dealers can offer customers six months of Automatic's premium subscription features.
- Connected Maintenance: The Automatic app creates a streamlined connection between the dealer and its customers. Important service reminders, recall notifications and more are sent directly to a customer's phone, and those customers can use the app to book service appointments with the dealer that sold them their vehicles.
- Long term retention: Dealers can offer their customers free access to important features, including Crash Alert and Connected Maintenance, for three years, a benefit not only for the consumer but also for the dealer, by creating a long-term relationship between the buyer and seller.
"This Automatic service introduction benefits from the combined resources and capabilities of Automatic and
"Automatic's service platform offers a major technology boost to just about any vehicle. This enhances the safety and convenience for today's drivers," said
For more information, and to enroll in the Automatic Dealer Program, visit https://automaticdealerprogram.com/.
All Automatic subscriptions, including trial subscriptions, are governed by the terms of the Automatic Customer Agreement. Consumers can access the Automatic Customer Agreement at https://automatic.com/legal2018#customer. Please see the Customer Agreement for complete terms and how to cancel.
The Automatic device collects detailed information about each vehicle's geolocation, use, operation, performance and maintenance status in order to operate, maintain, and provide the features and functionalities of the Automatic Service.
This communication contains "forward-looking statements" within the meaning of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. Such statements include, but are not limited to, statements about future financial and operating results, our plans, objectives, expectations and intentions with respect to future operations, products and services; and other statements identified by words such as "will likely result," "are expected to," "will continue," "is anticipated," "estimated," "believe," "intend," "plan," "projection," "outlook" or words of similar meaning. Such forward-looking statements are based upon the current beliefs and expectations of our management and are inherently subject to significant business, economic and competitive uncertainties and contingencies, many of which are difficult to predict and generally beyond our control. Actual results and the timing of events may differ materially from the results anticipated in these forward-looking statements.
The following factors, among others, could cause actual results and the timing of events to differ materially from the anticipated results or other expectations expressed in the forward-looking statements: our substantial competition, which is likely to increase over time; our ability to attract and retain subscribers, which is uncertain; interference to our service from wireless operations; consumer protection laws and their enforcement; unfavorable outcomes of pending or future litigation; the market for music rights, which is changing and subject to uncertainties; our dependence upon the auto industry; general economic conditions; the security of the personal information about our customers; existing or future government laws and regulations could harm our business; failure of our satellites would significantly damage our business; the interruption or failure of our information technology and communications systems; our failure to realize benefits of acquisitions or other strategic initiatives; rapid technological and industry changes; failure of third parties to perform; our failure to comply with FCC requirements; modifications to our business plan; our indebtedness; our principal stockholder has significant influence over our affairs and over actions requiring stockholder approval and its interests may differ from interests of other holders of our common stock; impairment of our business by third-party intellectual property rights; and changes to our dividend policies which could occur at any time. Additional factors that could cause our results to differ materially from those described in the forward-looking statements can be found in our Annual Report on Form 10-K for the year ended
View original content to download multimedia:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/automatic-a-siriusxm-company-introduces-next-generation-connected-vehicle-service-through-auto-dealer-focused-program-300727206.html