With addition of support benefits, Anthem helps consumers improve their wellness by addressing key areas, such as nutrition, social isolation, and home safety
The program will be offered to consumers enrolled in the following 2019 Medicare Advantage plans, that provide access to medical care administered by
“Anthem is committed to developing innovative approaches that help address the dynamic needs of our Medicare consumers, and the introduction of these benefits is consistent with that goal,” said
Individuals enrolled in Anthem’s 2019 Medicare Advantage plans will have access to the following services to help them live more comfortably:
- Prescribed Meals: 3 meals per day for 42 days delivered to home. Based on qualifying clinical criteria, health plan consumer receives a prescription for meals and periodic appointments with a registered dietitian.
- In-Home Support: 4 four-hour shifts. Upon discharge from the hospital or nursing facility, consumers may receive in-home assistance with performing daily living activities.
- Respite Care: 40 hours per year. Consumers are eligible if they have a chronic disease and have an unpaid caregiver providing care.
- Adult Day Center Visits: Up to 1 visit per week for adult day center services, in order to help older adults who need supervision and assistance.
- Pain Management: Up to 24 visits per year to receive a combination of acupuncture/pressure, chiropractic, and/or therapeutic massage.
- Home-Delivered Meals: 7 days of meal delivery to assist with a transition home following discharge from a hospital or nursing facility.
- Exercise Programs: Access to Nifty after Fifty and SilverSneakers®, which are fitness programs tailored to older adults, and can be prescribed or individuals can sign up on their own.
- Outreach Support Program: Consumers may be paired with an Anthem associate to address and alleviate conditions associated with loneliness.
- Transportation: Services to help members get to doctor appointments and other healthcare visits.
Individuals who are interested in joining one of these health plans can enroll during this year’s Medicare Annual Enrollment Period (AEP). The AEP began
For more details about these benefits and Anthem’s Medicare plans, consumers can call (855) 866-3957, which is available