Anthem Blue Cross and Blue Shield Expands Benefits in 2020 Medicare Advantage Plans to Address Whole-Person Health
Anthem enhances choices with new services including nutrition support and counseling, fitness trackers, service dog support, and pest control
The Essential Extras package, which contains the 10 service choices, will be offered to consumers enrolled in select counties in the following 2020 Medicare Advantage plans: Anthem MediBlue Dual Advantage (HMO D-SNP) and Anthem MediBlue Plus (HMO).
“When we looked at the underlying medical, behavioral, and environmental obstacles our members face, we designed an expanded menu of wellness services,” said
Members who are enrolled in the Medicare Advantage plans that have the Essential Extras package will be able to select one of the 10 services listed below, at no extra cost. Members should consult their Evidence of Coverage document for specific benefit details as benefits may vary by plan.
- Healthy Nutrition: Based on qualifying clinical criteria, access to eight (8) sessions per year with a dietitian who can provide nutritional education support as well as monthly delivery of pantry staples (nonperishable items) to help make dietary changes. (New in 2020)
- Pest Control: Quarterly preventive treatments to regulate or eliminate the intrusion of household pests that may impact a chronic condition. (New in 2020)
- Health and Fitness Tracker: The member is provided a fitness tracker device as well as membership in programs to promote improved physical and mind fitness. (New in 2020)
- Service Dog Support: Up to
$500annual allowance to help pay for items used to care for a member’s service dog, such as leashes and vests. The dog must be certified under the Americans with Disabilities Act. (New in 2020)
- Healthy Food Deliveries: Up to 16 delivered meals four times each calendar year (64 total) to support members who are either discharged from an overnight stay at a hospital, have a Body Mass Index (BMI) more than 25 or less than 18, or has an A1C level more than 9.0.
- Transportation: Up to 60 one-way trips per year to health-related appointments or to obtain a service covered by the health plan.
- Personal Home Helper: Up to 124 hours of an in-home personal care aide for assistance with activities of daily living such as dressing, grooming, & bathing.
- Assistive Devices: Up to a
$500allowance for safety devices such as ADAtoilet seats, shower stools, hand-held shower heads, and reaching devices.
- Day Center Visits: Up to one (1) visit per week for adult day center services, in order to help older adults who need supervision and assistance.
- Alternative Medicine: Up to 24 acupuncture and/or therapeutic massage visits each calendar year.
Individuals who are interested in joining one of these health plans can enroll during this year’s Medicare Annual Election Period (AEP). The AEP begins
For more details about these health plan benefits and Anthem’s Medicare plans, consumers can call (855) 878-1113, which is available
View source version on businesswire.com: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20191001005083/en/
Ensure Reliable Protection Is Part Of Your Safety Plan
Health/Employee Benefits News
Life Insurance News