WASHINGTON, Sept. 30 (TNSper) -- The American Council of Life Insurers issued the following news release on Sept. 29, 2022:
The American Council of Life Insurers (ACLI) today elected its new Chair, officers and Board of Directors at the 2022 ACLI Annual Conference.
ACLI member companies help 90 million American families address their financial protection and retirement security needs. The Chair and Board of Directors lead the association and develop and advance federal and state policies that help all Americans access information and affordable tools for financial certainty and protection.
Andy Sullivan, Executive Vice President, Head of U.S. Businesses for Prudential Financial, Inc., was named ACLI Chair for 2023. He succeeds J. Scott Davison, Chairman, President & CEO of the companies of OneAmerica, who will serve as ACLI Immediate Past-Chair for the coming year.
"Amidst today's economic turmoil and financial uncertainty, the life insurance industry continues to be a beacon of financial stability and peace of mind for families across the country," said ACLI President & CEO Susan Neely. "It's why our industry works for policies that help people access tools to protect their families from economic hardship after the loss of a breadwinner or when they take off work to care for a loved one. It's the reason so many retirees trust us to secure their income for as long as they live. And it's why we are able to fuel economic growth and opportunity through our investments in communities across the country. Under Andy and the board's leadership, our industry will continue help families and communities thrive."
ACLI also selected Paul Quaranto, Jr. Chairman, CEO & President of Boston Mutual Life Insurance Company, as Chair-Elect. He will become ACLI Chair in September 2023. Rich Bielen, President & CEO of Protective Life Corporation, was named Chair-Elect Designate and will become ACLI Chair in September 2024.
Serving on the ACLI Board of Directors through 2023 are:
* Brandon Carter, Chairman & President, USAA Life Insurance Company;
* John Carter, President & COO, Nationwide Financial;
* Michael Fosbury, President & CEO, Columbian Mutual Life Insurance Company;
* Will Fuller, President & CEO, Transamerica;
* William Lester, President & CEO, Ameritas;
* Rick McKenney, President & CEO, Unum Group;
* Jeff Poulin, CEO, Canada Life Reinsurance;
* John Schlifske, Chairman, President & CEO, The Northwestern Mutual Life Insurance Company;
* Ramy Tadros, President, U.S. Business, MetLife.
* * *
Serving on the ACLI Board of Directors through 2024 are:
* Gary Bhojwani, CEO, CNO Financial;
* Roger Crandall, Chairman, President & CEO, MassMutual;