The National Association of Insurance Commissioners are hosting a webinar Friday to discuss pandemic information and readiness, along with its impact on the insurance industry.
The NAIC had planned to hold its spring meeting with week in Phoenix, but it fell victim to the spreading coronavirus emergency. Instead, many sessions are being held online, including Friday's Special Session on COVID-19.
The 11 a.m.-1:40 p.m. EST webinar is open to the public, but space is limited. Register at the NAIC.org website. The session is expected to cover pandemic modeling, information around policy coverage, financial impact to the insurance industry and insurer readiness.
The session agenda includes:
- Presentation on Virus Progression and Pathology at 11:10 a.m. by Dr. Jay Butler, deputy director for infectious disease, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- Presentation on Pandemic Modeling at 11:30 a.m. by Matt Nielsen, senior director, governmental & regulatory affairs for Risk Management Solutions
- Discussion on the Impact on Health Insurance Market at 11:50 a.m., led by a Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services(CMS) Representative and Troy Oeschner, partner, Manatt Health
- Presentation and discussion on Financial Impact/Policy Coverage Issues at 12:15 p.m. with Virginia Insurance Commissioner Scott White, Sean Kevelighan, Insurance Information Institute (III) president and CEO and Michel Leonard, III vice president and senior economist
- Panel Discussion on Insurer Readiness & Consumer Issues at 12:45, featuring:
− Susan K. Neely, president and CEO, American Council of Life Insurers (ACLI)
− Matt Eyles, president and CEO, America’s Health Insurance Plans (AHIP)
− Dr. David Sampson, president and CEO, American Property Casualty Insurance Association (APCIA)
− Sarah Lueck, NAIC consumer representative and senior policy analyst, Center on Budget and Policy Priorities
- States’ Health Insurance Market Response at 1:15 p.m. with Pennsylvania Insurance Commissioner Jessica K. Altman, NAIC Health Insurance and Managed Care (B) Committee Chair
InsuranceNewsNet Senior Editor John Hilton has covered business and other beats in more than 20 years of daily journalism. John may be reached at [email protected]. Follow him on Twitter @INNJohnH.
© Entire contents copyright 2019 by InsuranceNewsNet.com Inc. All rights reserved. No part of this article may be reprinted without the expressed written consent from InsuranceNewsNet.com.