Protective Life Corporation Introduces New Brand Identity, Showcases Commitment as Protectors
Growth-aligned brand strategy reflects the Company’s aspiration to become America’s most protective insurance company
Sept. 8, 2021 (Birmingham, Ala.) – Today Protective Life Corporation (Protective), a wholly owned U.S. subsidiary of Dai-ichi Life Holdings, Inc. (TSE:8750), announces a new brand identity that exemplifies the Company’s 114-year commitment of putting people first, delivering on promises and striving to do more for its customers, business partners, employees and communities.
The new brand leverages the potential of Protective’s name and amplifies its purpose – “because we’re all protectors” – and allows its many audiences to see themselves as part of the Protective story.
“At our core, there is a protector in each of us. At Protective, we have always believed in helping more people achieve a level of protection that makes a real impact on their lives,” said Rich Bielen, Protective President and Chief Executive Officer. “We’ve been putting people first for more than a century – that will never change. The Protective brand needed to evolve to capitalize on our strengths, amplify who we are today and inspire our future. Our branding positions us as protectors and reflects our unwavering commitment to stand by your side.”
The new Protective brand highlights the Company’s dedication to its customers. Refined values, a new story and a bold visual identity uniquely reflect Protective’s distinct purpose and conviction in helping more people attain a sense of security throughout their lives. The new logo and expressive color differentiate the Protective brand story, showcasing its commitment to being by each customer’s side.
“Protective’s new brand will drive further growth by helping us better connect with employees, customers, partners and the community through a people-centric lens,” said Bielen. “Protective has embraced change and thrived through many challenges during its history. Over the past year, we have demonstrated our protective spirit through adaptability, resilience and ingenuity, and we have come together like never before. We knew this was the right time to build on our strengths in a way that would accelerate our momentum for the next 100 years and ultimately empower more people to become protectors.”
In the past three years alone, Protective has experienced 41% customer growth and 48% revenue increase, a testament to the company’s solid financial foundation, innovative workforce strategy, solution-driven customer approach and community investment. During the pandemic, Protective’s virtual workforce plans accelerated, allowing the Company to quickly shift teams and resources to meet customer needs by driving technology adoption and processing increased claims during a critical time. This rapid growth and evolution presented the need to craft a brand that would further accelerate momentum.
Protective partnered with Lippincott, a world-class global creative consultancy, to reimagine Protective’s identity. Through engaging with employees, customers and partners, Protective found its values, heart and integrity deeply resonated with its audiences. Protective leveraged these insights in developing the new brand to amplify its purpose, build on core values and clarify the signature ways the Company delivers on its promises as protectors.
Over the next year, the Company will introduce an updated visual identity that’s distinctly Protective and a voice that forges a stronger connection to its purpose. The new logo will be featured on each of the Company’s core site offices in Birmingham, Ala., Cincinnati and St. Louis, and Protective Stadium in Downtown Birmingham.
To explore Protective’s new identity, visit protective.com. The learn more about Protective’s commitment as protectors, watch this video. Follow the conversation on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
About Protective Life Corporation
Founded in 1907, Protective Life Corporation (Protective) is on a mission to help more people achieve protection and security in their lives. Across its life insurance, annuity and asset protection solutions, the Company helps more than 12 million people protect what matters most. Protective’s more than 3,500 employees put people first and deliver on the Company’s promises to customers, partners, colleagues and communities – because we’re all protectors. With a long-term focus, financial stability and commitment to doing the right thing, Protective, a wholly owned subsidiary of Dai-ichi Life Holdings, Inc. (TSE:8750), has grown to over $127B in assets as of Dec. 31, 2020. Protective is headquartered in Birmingham, Ala., and supported by its robust virtual workforce and core sites in Cincinnati and St. Louis. For more information about Protective, please visit www.protective.com.
- Tiburon Advisors: Americans’ Investable Assets Up Nearly 50% From 2018
- Nationwide Survey: Plan Sponsors, Employees Want Annuity Options
- SEC Charges App Annie An Its Founder With Securities Fraud
- More Felony Charges For California Agents In Alleged $10M Securities Fraud
- What Can We Expect With Taxes And The Fed As The 4th Quarter Nears?
- Year-Over-Year Single Premium Buy-Out Sales Up 119% In 2Q
- Prudential To Sell Portion Of In-force Legacy Variable Annuity Block To Fortitude For 2.2B
- Jackson National Completes Separation From Prudential plc
- Allianz Life Partners With iJoin And IPX On Guaranteed Income Option
- J.P. Morgan Partners With AIG On SmartRetirement Plus Income Option
- Unique Labor Conditions Spur People To Seek Health Insurance
- Queer Couple Sues Aetna Over Denied Fertility Treatments
- Study: Adults Near Medicare Eligibility Spend Heavily On Health Care
- Biden: Nearly 3M Get Health Coverage During COVID-19 Sign-Up
- Bestow Acquires Centurion Life
- SC Judge Grants Alex Murdaugh Bond In Case Stemming From Failed Suicide Plot
- Foresters Financial President/CEO James Boyle To Retire In February 2022
- COVID-19 Vaccination Status Has No Bearing On A Life Insurance Claim: ACLI
- Attorney: Murdaugh Asked Man To Shoot Him For $10M In Life Insurance