Terracon named inaugural recipient of Workplace PossibilitiesSM Champions award
“Terracon is a true advocate of the Workplace Possibilities program and has a strong corporate culture that aligns with our commitment to help support employees in their quest to stay at work or return to work after a disability leave,” says
“The safety and well-being of our employees — both on and off the job — is our number one priority,” says
The Workplace Possibilities Champions award recognizes employers that are exceeding expectations for their implementation and ongoing partnership with the Workplace Possibilities program. The launch of a new disability program can be challenging, which is why the award honors organizations that embrace the program as a resource for the well-being of their employees.
The winning organization is selected based on a list of criteria, which includes:
- Initiating employee referrals to the program
- Promoting the program to managers, supervisors and other staff members
- Partnering with The Standard to customize accommodations for employees
- Training managers, supervisors and team leaders about the program
- Excelling in change management
“The Workplace Possibilities program has also boosted employee morale,” says
The Workplace Possibilities program encourages employers to rethink their disability programs to help keep employees at work and increase productivity. The program helps employers save time and money by:
- Identifying opportunities to keep employees, who may be at risk of absence or disability, on the job.
- Supporting those who take leave to come back to work quicker through accommodations, modifications and other resources.
To schedule an interview with
About The Standard
The Standard is a marketing name for
Terracon is an employee-owned engineering consulting firm with more than 4,000 employees providing environmental, facilities, geotechnical and materials services from more than 140 offices with services available in all 50 states. Terracon currently ranks 24th on Engineering News-Record’s list of Top 500 Design Firms. For additional information about Terracon, visit www.terracon.com.
Source: Standard Insurance Company