"In the middle of a devastating pandemic, the
WATCH Congresswoman Bustos speak on the House Floor today.
The passage of this legislation out of the House comes as the
The Patient Protection and Affordable Care Enhancement Act would:
* Lower health coverage costs by bringing down insurance premiums;
* Lower prescription drug prices by allowing Medicare to negotiate costs, which was also included in the Lower Drug Costs Now Act;
* Expand coverage;
* Combat inequality in health coverage faced by communities of color by fighting the maternal mortality epidemic and protecting vulnerable populations from losing coverage;
* Crack down on junk plans; and
* Strengthen protections for people with pre-existing conditions.
You can view a full one-page summary of the bill here https://energycommerce.house.gov/sites/democrats.energycommerce.house.gov/files/documents/Affordable%20Care%20Enhancement%20Act%20-%20Fact%20Sheet.pdf.
You can watch