"The flames were contained to one room and never actually made it to them. The male occupant was found inside the structure just inside the front door of the structure on the floor by one of our firefighters," Jones said. "The woman was found in an adjoining room just adjacent to where the man was found, near a couch, just a few feet away."
Cicci and Williams were brought outside for treatment while firefighters moved inside to contain the flames, which were burning inside the house's northwest bedroom.
Once Cicci and Williams were outside, they were revived using CPR and a defibrillator, Jones said, then taken to the hospital. Williams was admitted in critical condition, however, neither person's condition nor location were available.
"Our guys did an excellent job on the CPR and defibrillator," Jones said. "We had to provide CPR on both patients or they probably wouldn't be alive."
The fire marshal noted the house did not have electricity, and that the occupants were using candles for lighting. However, Jones said he was not yet sure of the cause of the fire.
"i really hate to speculate on the cause of the fire. We're a long way from that," Jones said. "I still have to go through my notes, my photos, all of my evidence before I can make a determination."
Jones also said that while he and his department were not certain of the final cost, they were initially reporting
"We just have to put something on the report -- it's left up to the insurance companies to decide how much damage was done and how much it cost," he said. "That's probably a low estimate."
(c)2019 the Muskogee Phoenix (Muskogee, Okla.)
Visit the Muskogee Phoenix (Muskogee, Okla.) at muskogeephoenix.com
Distributed by Tribune Content Agency, LLC.