Mutual aid was provided by departments from
Multiple calls came into dispatch reporting the fire, Dumas said.
Dumas described the home as a double-wide mobile home, about 28 feet by 60 feet.
"There was heavy fire all along the front side when we arrived," he said.
"Our only option at that point was to save the attached structure."
The fire is believed to have started from an electrical malfunction on a covered deck in front of the home.
Dumas said he believed there was insurance on the home.
Poulin was staying with her daughter for the night.
Dumas praised the mutual aid response that provided enough manpower for firefighters to be swapped out and take needed breaks.
"It was on the hot and humid side so, with all our gear on, you kinda need to rotate your crews and switch people out very often and make sure they'd hydrated," he said.
(c)2019 the Press-Republican (Plattsburgh, N.Y.)
Visit the Press-Republican (Plattsburgh, N.Y.) at pressrepublican.com
Distributed by Tribune Content Agency, LLC.