In the fire death, the jury was told by State Fire Marshal investigator
Her body was slumped on the floor of her living room, not far from a recliner chair and a packet of cigarettes. Ardnt said both he and an insurance company investigator agreed the fire had started closer to the recliner chair and may have been sparked by smoking materials, but no one could be sure.
Under questioning from
"That is correct," replied Arndt.
with a digital subscription.
Already a subscriber? Log in or Activate your account.
Thanks for being a subscriber.
Sorry, your subscription does not include this content.
Please call 800-453-2472 to upgrade your subscription.
Thanks for reading.
Subscribe or log in to continue.
Day told the jury an autopsy had shown Bauer had died from breathing carbon monoxide fumes. He said the medical report showed the time between the onset of symptoms and death would have been measured in "minutes."
Turning to the death of
Strong, 81, had been northbound in his car when Feurer said witnesses described him running a red light and being struck on the passenger side by a slow moving sport utility vehicle around
News reports from the time describe firemen reviving Strong with CPR but he died later in
Subscribe to Daily Headlines
(c)2019 the Herald & Review (Decatur, Ill.)
Visit the Herald & Review (Decatur, Ill.) at www.herald-review.com
Distributed by Tribune Content Agency, LLC.