With addition of Essential Extras, Anthem helps consumers improve their wellness by addressing key areas, such as nutrition, transportation, social isolation, and home safety
“The introduction of Essential Extras is part of Anthem’s commitment to developing innovative approaches that help address the dynamic needs of our Medicare consumers,” said
Individuals enrolled in this 2019 Medicare Advantage plan can select one of the following six services offered in the Essential Extras package that best fits their healthcare needs at no additional cost:
- Healthy Food Deliveries: Up to 16 delivered meals per health event, up to four events each calendar year (64 total). A qualifying health event includes being discharged from a hospital, if the consumer has a Body Mass Index (BMI) more than 25, and/or if he/she has an A1C level more than 9.0.
- Transportation: Up to 60 one-way trips per year to health-related appointments or to obtain a service covered by the health plan.
- Personal Home Helper: Up to 124 hours of an in-home health aide for respite care, home-based chores, and assistance with activities of daily living, as approved by a licensed care provider.
- Assistive Devices: Up to a
$500allowance for safety devices such as ADAtoilet seats, shower stools, hand-held shower heads, reaching devices, and temporary wheelchair ramps.
- Day Center Visits: Up to 1 visit per week for adult day center services, in order to help older adults who need supervision and assistance.
- Alternative Medicine: Up to 24 acupuncture and/or therapeutic massage visits each calendar year.
Individuals who are interested in joining one of these health plans can enroll during this year’s Medicare Annual Enrollment Period (AEP). The AEP began
For more details about Essential Extras and Anthem’s Medicare plans, consumers can call (855) 878-1110, which is available