11. 11 of 12 companies have A.M. Best insurance ratings of "A (Excellent)" or better and 6 of 12 have customer pet insurance reviews greater than 9 out of 10
10. All 12 companies allow you to use any licensed veterinarian, clinic or specialist in the U.S.
9. Zero pet insurance companies cover pre-existing conditions, which is why it's important to enroll a pet while they're young and healthy
8. 35% of all pet insurance claims are for chronic conditions
7. 50% of policyholders file a claim each year
6. 75% of pet owners make a claim during the first 3 years after enrollment
5. The average age of enrollment for a pet is 3 ½ years old
4. Mixed breed dogs are the most insured pets in the U.S.
3. 45% of veterinarian-recommend treatment is restricted by cost
2. 91% of U.S. pet owners consider their pets to be family members and 81% consider their pets as equal members of the family
1. The #1 reason pet owners buy pet insurance is that they, "Want to make decisions about my pet's health care without worrying about whether or not I could afford the procedure." ...
About Petinsurancequotes.com - The Pet Insurance Experts™ Petinsurancequotes.com is the premier pet insurance comparison website. The company was founded by licensed insurance professionals in an effort to make shopping for pet health insurance easier. Petinsurancequotes.com has generated over 100,000 quotes for dogs and cats since its launch in 2011.