Symetra SwiftTerm Platform Wins a 2021 Gartner Eye on Innovation Award
Annual awards recognize financial services organizations
for innovative use of digital technology
BELLEVUE, Wash. — (Nov. 4, 2021) — Symetra is the winner of a 2021 Gartner Eye on Innovation Award for Financial Services in the Americas region. Gartner Inc.’s global award series recognizes innovative use of digital technology-enabled capabilities, products or services to highlight “best-in-class” financial industry initiatives launched within the past 12 months. Symetra received the award for its SwiftTermSM term life insurance platform, launched in June 2021.
Symetra aims to help customers thrive in a changing world by offering solutions that enhance their financial wellbeing. With SwiftTerm we set out to make term life insurance easier to understand and buy with a digital offering based on the customer’s desired experience,” said Mindi Work, senior vice president, Chief of Strategy. “SwiftTerm aims to deliver a simplified, end-to-end digitally native experience. Application, offer, payment, and policy delivery occur in 25 minutes or less for qualified applicants. From development to launch, we let the voice of the customer guide our efforts by focusing on removing friction in the apply-and-buy moments to deliver a fast, seamless digital experience.”
The SwiftTerm platform is modeled as a microservices-based event-driven architecture. It includes 120+ auto-scaling RESTful API’s, a centralized API plane for all transactions. The platform can ingest and publish millions of events and is built using a fully automated CI/CD platform that includes DNS, domains, and certificates. The real-time distributed system is powered by 16+ SaaS providers, utilizing best-in-breed technology from some of the top vendors in the market today.
Gartner received nearly 300 submissions in the financial services category from three regions: Americas; Europe, Middle East and Africa (EMEA); and Asia Pacific (APAC). Six finalists from each region are selected to present case studies during a virtual event. Winning honorees are selected by a poll of industry peers, benchmarking against world-class performance standards.
The identification of a Gartner award winner or finalist is not an endorsement by Gartner of any company, vendor, product or service.
Symetra Life Insurance Company is a subsidiary of Symetra Financial Corporation, a diversified financial services company based in Bellevue, Washington. In business since 1957, Symetra provides employee benefits, annuities and life insurance through a national network of benefit consultants, financial institutions, and independent financial professionals and insurance producers. For more information, visit
- Teach your clients effective strategies for today’s retirement
- Consumers are pulling back on spending. They're also tapping savings and taking on debt.
- Banks announce dividend plansTruist, Wells Fargo, Bank of America announce dividend hike plans
- Jerry Shenk: Social Security demagoguery
- Rick Kahler: My state flunked financial literacy. How about yours?
- Winning $300 million Powerball ticket purchased in Middlebury
- Sammons names Kevin Mechtley to newly created product innovation role
- Athene completes pension group annuity deal with Lockheed Martin
- Integrity expands annuity, life insurance distribution with Annuity Agents Alliance
- Nationwide increases roll-up rate, payout percentage on L.inc+ suite
Health/Employee Benefits News
- Aetna drops prior authorization for most cataract surgeries
- Despite recession fears, employers look to enhance benefits in 2023
- How will Roe v. Wade reversal impact employee health plans?
- Jury still out on new insurance plan for Idaho schools
- Citadel reaches $7.85M settlement over switching patients to boost Medicare payments
- Wisconsin seeks policyholders of insolvent Time Insurance Co. products
- 4 things to know about the return of premium life insurance
- Murdaugh, Curtis Smith hit with new SC grand jury indictments
- Foresters Financial boosts UL crediting rate to 4.75%
- Protective Life releases 2021 sustainability report