Symetra Promotes Lisa Marecki to SVP, Group Life & Disability and Select Benefits
BELLEVUE, Wash.—(Feb. 18, 2021)—Symetra Life Insurance Company, a national provider of employee benefits, today announced the promotion of Lisa Marecki to senior vice president of its Group Life and Disability (LAD) and Select Benefits voluntary benefits product lines. Most recently vice president of underwriting for LAD and Select Benefits, Ms. Marecki reports to Harry Monti, executive vice president, Benefits Division, and will continue to be based out of Symetra’s Enfield, Connecticut office.
As SVP, Ms. Marecki will be responsible for growing Symetra’s presence in the group insurance market, with oversight for product development and management, underwriting, claims management and the division’s ongoing expansion into the voluntary products marketplace.
“Lisa has been an integral part of our success increasing Symetra’s presence in the LAD and voluntary product markets, and I look forward to the impact she will have in this expanded role,” said Harry Monti, EVP, Benefits Division. “Symetra is on a journey to reach more customers and provide them with excellent experiences. Whether supporting an employer’s medical plan with our stop loss offerings, covering employees’ supplemental health-related costs, providing financial protection from disabilities, or assisting families that have lost a loved one, we’re focused on helping employers be successful and make a real difference in their employees’ lives. We’re fortunate to have Lisa help drive that vision forward.”
Ms. Marecki joined Symetra in January 2018 from AIG, where she was vice president and head of Group Life and Disability Product and Underwriting. Her extensive career in group benefits includes nearly 25 years with The Hartford in a number of individual contributor and leadership roles, lastly as AVP, director of underwriting.
Ms. Marecki attended Mitchell College in New London, Conn.
Symetra offers group life, disability, absence management and stop loss insurance coverage. Its Select Benefits voluntary product suite includes accident, critical illness, and hospital indemnity insurance, as well as GapAssist, a package of accident, critical illness and hospital indemnity benefits designed to complement any other plan, including major medical coverage paired with an HSA.
Symetra Life Insurance Company is a subsidiary of Symetra Financial Corporation, a diversified financial services company based in Bellevue, Washington. In business since 1957, Symetra provides employee benefits, annuities and life insurance through a national network of benefit consultants, financial institutions, and independent financial professionals and insurance producers. For more information, visit www.symetra.com.
- Rising Interest Rates Spur 9% Annuity Sales Growth In 1Q: LIMRA
- $2 Million Winning Powerball Ticket Sold In Waterloo, Iowa
- Brighthouse Financial: Q1 Earnings Snapshot
- F&G Hits $1 Billion In Sales In The Financial Institutions Channel
- Teach Your Clients About These Financial Myths About Retirement
- Kansas Short-Term Health Insurance Expansion Passes
- Biden Admin Reinstates Health Care Protections For Trans People
- Claims In Blue Cross Class-Action Lawsuit To Be Accepted Through November
- Fear Of Losing Health Insurance Keeps 1 In 6 On The Job, Gallup Poll Says
- 940K Selected Health Coverage During Special ACA Enrollment Period
- California Agent Allegedly Used Clients’ Premiums To Buy Sports Tickets
- Prudential Continues Strong ‘Product Pivot Strategy’ In Healthy 1Q
- American Financial Sheds Annuities, Enjoys Big Boost In P&C
- North Dakota: We Can’t Prove Love Triangle Murder For Life Insurance
- New Website Adds Quote Tool To Life Insurance Buying Process