National Life Group Named to Inc.’s 2022 Best in Business List
Montpelier, Vermont – National Life Group (NLG) has been named to the Inc. 2022 Best in Business list in the insurance category. Inc.’s Best in Business Awards honor companies that have made an extraordinary impact in their fields and on society.
NLG’s values are to “Do good, Be good, and Make good.” These values inform all the company does, including serving middle America, one of the most underinsured segments of the U.S. population, according to Deloitte, with life insurance and annuities to help protect themselves, their families, and their futures. NLG also serves the nation’s school employees, helping to provide them with retirement solutions as well as through programs like LifeChanger of the Year that recognize the good they do for their students and in their communities.
“We are grateful to be recognized for what we have been doing since 1848 in serving middle America,” National Life Group Chairman, CEO, and President Mehran Assadi said. “In honor of our 175th year, it is a privilege to continue to Do good, Be good and Make good every day, just as our founders envisioned so long ago.”
NLG also created BUILD (Blacks Uplifted in Leadership) to address the shortage of people of color in leadership positions. With more than 2,400 members, BUILD’s goal is to create a home at NLG for the ongoing leadership development of Black financial services agents as part of its commitment to positively impact the Black community. BUILD is also an insight group for those who don’t come from that community but serve their financial needs. In February 2022, Black History Month, BUILD held a fundraiser in conjunction with the NLG Foundation which raised $25,000. In August 2022, BUILD hosted an inaugural summit providing training and support.
Learn more here about National Life Group’s corporate philanthropy with programs that include a commitment to ending childhood hunger, children’s mental health, LifeChanger of the Year and other social responsibilities.
The Best in Business list, which can be found in the Winter issue of Inc. magazine (on newsstands December 13), recognizes the most dynamic companies of all sizes and industries that have had an outstanding influence on their communities, their industries, the environment, or society as a whole.
Scott Omelianuk, editor-in-chief of Inc., says, “Inc. magazine is dedicated to showcasing America’s most dynamic businesses and the great things they do. The Best in Business awards shine a light on those that have gone above and beyond their original mission to make a social, environmental or economic impact, benefiting those around them.”
Rather than relying on quantitative criteria tied to sales or funding, Inc.’s editors reviewed the companies’ achievements over the past year and noted how they made a positive difference in the world. They then selected honorees in 55 different categories – from advertising to sustainability to retail, and more – and in age-based, revenue-based, size-based, and impact-based categories. The applicant pool was extremely competitive – a huge success for the 241 honored in the list’s third year. Honorees for gold, silver, bronze, and general excellence across industries and categories are featured online at inc.com/best-in-business.
About National Life Group
National Life is here to bring you peace of mind. We’ve been keeping our promises since 1848. Believe in tomorrow. Do good today. Learn more at NationalLife.com
Contact: Daphne Larkin, corporate communications, National Life Group, 802-229-3607.
National Life Group® is a trade name of National Life Insurance Company, founded in Montpelier, Vermont, in 1848, Life Insurance Company of the Southwest, Addison, Texas, chartered in 1955, and their affiliates. Each company of National Life Group is solely responsible for its own financial condition and contractual obligations. Life Insurance Company of the Southwest is not an authorized insurer in New York and does not conduct insurance business in New York.
- One-third or more of young investors acted on misleading online financial advice
- Advisors should see digital tools, apps as opportunity, J.D. Power says
- Just 1 in 5 affluent investors use parents’ advisor
- In Brief Fed's Powell notes inflation is easing but downplays interest cuts
- Before retirement, resolve credit card debt
- DOL fiduciary proposal applies ‘major hammer’ to bad advice, panel says
- RILAs fuel strong third-quarter annuity sales, LIMRA reports
- Structured annuity sales soar higher in strong Q3 market, Wink reports
- Global Atlantic closes $19 billion reinsurance agreement with MetLife
- Nationwide launches new annuity riders, increases payout percentages on L.inc+ suite
Health/Employee Benefits News
- Long-term care insurance: What will it take to revitalize the marketplace?
- Texas is suing Planned Parenthood for $1.8B over $10M in allegedly fraudulent services
- Wash. U.S. Attorney: Doctor charged in $14M Medicare and TRICARE fraud
- Merging ACA rating areas improved rural health insurance choice and premiums
- DeSantis health care plan would ‘supersede’ Obamacare. What does that mean?
Life Insurance News
- 58% of life insurers use artificial intelligence or are interested: NAIC survey
- Commentary: The NAIC must get its house in order
- KKR buys out minority Global Atlantic shareholders in $2.7B deal
- The Greenfield approach to PAS modernization in life insurance won’t solve all your problems
- Higher interest rates drive ‘improving’ 2024 outlook for life insurers, Fitch reports