Legal & General America Raises $740,000 For Charity
Urbana, MD, January 5, 2016 – Legal & General America’s Charitable Giving Campaign was held in the fourth quarter of 2015 with two weeks of fundraising events and donations from local businesses.
The 2015 featured charities include Jacob’s Ride, Unsung K9 Heroes Project and Movember. Jacob’s Ride raises funds and public awareness about the benefits of cochlear implants for the deaf. Unsung K9 Heroes Project’s mission is to benefit day-to-day operations for K9 divisions in the Frederick, MD area. Movember is a global organization committed to men’s health with a focus on funding for prostate cancer, testicular cancer and mental health issues.
LGA employees, with help from the community, raised approximately $370,000, exceeding the $300,000 goal. Employees pledge to the charity of their choice, while in-house fundraising events benefit the featured charities. $55,000 in donations was divided between Jacob’s Ride, Unsung K9 Heroes Project and Movember. Legal & General America matched the amount raised, so in total $740,000 was raised, aiding hundreds of different charities.
Jacob Landis, founder of Jacob’s Ride, said "I cannot thank you and your organization enough for what this means for Jacob's Ride, the Gift of Hearing Foundation, and most importantly, the (at least) two individuals who will be receiving an implant. This is an amazing sum. There are hardly any appropriate words for how this news makes me feel; I am tremendously grateful and also elated."
- Nationwide Survey: Plan Sponsors, Employees Want Annuity Options
- SEC Charges App Annie An Its Founder With Securities Fraud
- More Felony Charges For California Agents In Alleged $10M Securities Fraud
- What Can We Expect With Taxes And The Fed As The 4th Quarter Nears?
- Revolving Credit Balances Reach Pre-Pandemic Levels
- Year-Over-Year Single Premium Buy-Out Sales Up 119% In 2Q
- Prudential To Sell Portion Of In-force Legacy Variable Annuity Block To Fortitude For 2.2B
- Jackson National Completes Separation From Prudential plc
- Allianz Life Partners With iJoin And IPX On Guaranteed Income Option
- J.P. Morgan Partners With AIG On SmartRetirement Plus Income Option
- Study: Adults Near Medicare Eligibility Spend Heavily On Health Care
- Biden: Nearly 3M Get Health Coverage During COVID-19 Sign-Up
- Census Bureau: Income, Poverty And Health Insurance Coverage In U.S. In 2020
- U.S. Seniors Faced More Economic, Healthcare Issues During COVID-19
- Foresters Financial President/CEO James Boyle To Retire In February 2022
- COVID-19 Vaccination Status Has No Bearing On A Life Insurance Claim: ACLI
- Attorney: Murdaugh Asked Man To Shoot Him For $10M In Life Insurance
- The Freelancing Boom May Change Life Insurance Sales
- Life Insurance Activity Returns To Year-Over-Year Growth, MIB Reports