Legal & General America Raises $740,000 For Charity
Urbana, MD, January 5, 2016 – Legal & General America’s Charitable Giving Campaign was held in the fourth quarter of 2015 with two weeks of fundraising events and donations from local businesses.
The 2015 featured charities include Jacob’s Ride, Unsung K9 Heroes Project and Movember. Jacob’s Ride raises funds and public awareness about the benefits of cochlear implants for the deaf. Unsung K9 Heroes Project’s mission is to benefit day-to-day operations for K9 divisions in the Frederick, MD area. Movember is a global organization committed to men’s health with a focus on funding for prostate cancer, testicular cancer and mental health issues.
LGA employees, with help from the community, raised approximately $370,000, exceeding the $300,000 goal. Employees pledge to the charity of their choice, while in-house fundraising events benefit the featured charities. $55,000 in donations was divided between Jacob’s Ride, Unsung K9 Heroes Project and Movember. Legal & General America matched the amount raised, so in total $740,000 was raised, aiding hundreds of different charities.
Jacob Landis, founder of Jacob’s Ride, said "I cannot thank you and your organization enough for what this means for Jacob's Ride, the Gift of Hearing Foundation, and most importantly, the (at least) two individuals who will be receiving an implant. This is an amazing sum. There are hardly any appropriate words for how this news makes me feel; I am tremendously grateful and also elated."
- Inflation Reduction Act may have little impact on inflation
- SEC obtains judgment against broker charged with defrauding clients
- Here's one reason why America's racial wealth gap persists across generations
- Ken Morris: Before you retire early, ask yourself a simple question
- Half of Kansans have no retirement savings. This statewide program is a no-brainer
- Global Atlantic announces $10B group annuity reinsurance deal with Equitable
- Colorado adopts new annuity sales regulations
- National Western Life introduces new fixed indexed annuity, NWL New Frontiers
- Jackson National announces second quarter 2022 results
- Brighthouse Financial adds to Shield Level annuity suite with new product
Health/Employee Benefits News
- Higher out-of-pocket patient bills are hitting hospitals hard
- Best’s Commentary: Inflation Reduction Act will benefit U.S. health insurers
- Virginia Obamacare rates set to fall next year
- Colorado workers, employers to begin paying 0.45% of wages for voter-approved paid leave program
- Connecticut insurers defend rate hike requests during public hearing
- Sammons names Tyler Brown new government affairs director
- Alex Murdaugh petitions to delay Mallory Beach trial amid murder charges
- Sales of life combination products rebound in 2021, LIMRA reports
- Integrity Marketing Group acquires Richman Insurance Agency
- How to get the most out of Life Insurance Awareness Month