Kumar Named Chief Technology Officer of National Life Group
Montpelier, VT – National Life Group has appointed Varun Kumar to be Vice President and Chief Technology Officer.
Kumar has more than 20 years of experience in the insurance industry, serving in leadership roles at Sun Life, Broadridge, and Voya Financial. He brings a passion for leading large-scale transformations and enabling the business with technology. In addition to Project Manager Professional and FLMI certifications, Kumar has a Bachelor’s degree in Engineering from Nagpur University in India and an MBA in Finance from the University of Toronto, Canada.
“The CTO role is critical at National Life as we scale with technology to serve Middle America with a focus on Customer Experience,” said Nimesh Mehta, Chief Information Officer for the company. “Varun’s abilities to drive with strategic intent, cultivate innovative thinking, and develop his teammates have moved the needle for technology at National Life.”
About National Life Group
National Life is here to bring you peace of mind. We’ve been keeping our promises since 1848. Believe in tomorrow, do good today. Learn more at NationalLife.com
Contact: Darryl Garland, corporate communications, National Life Group, 802.229.3334.
National Life Group® is a trade name of National Life Insurance Company, founded in Montpelier, VT in 1848. Life Insurance Company of the Southwest, Addison, TX, Chartered in 1955 and their Affiliates. Each Company of National Life Group is solely responsible for its own financial condition and contractual obligations. Life Insurance Company of the Southwest is not an authorized insurer in New York and does not conduct insurance business in New York.
- The wealth effect cuts both ways
- Advisors and consumers agree on need for retirement income planning
- For Americans, 2021 delivered healthiest finances in 8 years
- ‘Spring Cleaning’ Includes Your Client’s Finances, Too
- Retirement Savers Remain Confident Despite Short-Term Woes
- Principal Financial Group closes annuity reinsurance transaction
- McDowell County man hits $2 million lottery jackpot
- AIG back on top of first-quarter annuity sales, LIMRA reports
- Nationwide To Pay $5.6M For Annuity Violations, NY Regulators Say
- LibertyMark Freedom Fixed Indexed Annuities Launch
Health/Employee Benefits News
- Medicaid-expansion bill clears two committees in the N.C. General Assembly
- Pandemic, disparities, trust erosion challenge health care
- Health insurance case goes to Georgia Supreme Court
- Pennsylvania Bill For Continued CHIP Coverage Gains Committee Approval
- Oklahoma Medicaid managed care bill passes
- Nationwide adds new index options to IUL Accumulator II 2020
- Finseca and NAILBA are officially merged
- Few players propelling huge private equity push into insurance
- NAIFA symposium provides insight, advice on engaging a more diverse client base
- NAIFA foundation will support the next generation of financial professionals