- Community events and online resources available to help people before Medicare’s Annual Enrollment Period,
Oct. 15-Dec. 7
- Campaign supporters include
AARP, Caregiver Action Network, National Association of Area Agencies on Aging(n4a), UnitedHealthcare, Walgreens and others
National Medicare Education Week offers educational events and resources to baby boomers, Medicare beneficiaries, and their families and caregivers, and begins one month before the start of Medicare’s Annual Enrollment Period,
With more than 10,000 Americans becoming eligible for Medicare every day, the number of people in need of clear information about Medicare is growing. Part of UnitedHealthcare’s Medicare Made Clear™ initiative, National Medicare Education Week was established to help meet this demand and help people make informed, confident decisions about their Medicare coverage.
Education Opportunities in Local Communities
During National Medicare Education Week, UnitedHealthcare will host dozens of Medicare education events across the country. At the events:
- Local UnitedHealthcare representatives will present information and answer frequently asked Medicare questions. A survey of last year’s participants showed that 98 percent of respondents reported a better understanding of Medicare as a result of participating in National Medicare Education Week events.
- Walgreens will be onsite to provide blood pressure checks and host “Ask A Pharmacist” booths at select National Medicare Education Week community events across the country.
- To see the list of 2018 events and register to attend, visit NMEW.com.
People can also participate in National Medicare Education Week:
- Through an online event hosted by UnitedHealthcare, where people can get answers to their Medicare questions from the comfort of their home. On
Monday, Sept. 17, participants can pre-register online at https://bit.ly/2PsNVlh.
- At MedicareMadeClear.com, a consumer-friendly site with educational articles, videos and guides. This site is also available in Spanish, Chinese and Vietnamese in order to help more people learn in their preferred language.
“UnitedHealthcare is privileged to serve more than one in five Medicare beneficiaries nationally. Our goal during National Medicare Education Week is to connect people to Medicare information in their preferred learning environment so they can confidently choose coverage that meets their needs this fall,” said
National Medicare Education Week supporters include:
For more information about National Medicare Education Week, visit NMEW.com.
UnitedHealthcare is dedicated to helping people live healthier lives and making the health system work better for everyone by simplifying the health care experience, meeting consumer health and wellness needs, and sustaining trusted relationships with care providers. In
Plans are insured through