"Hurricane Florence is rapidly intensifying and projected to cause catastrophic damage in
"Unfortunately, North Carolinians have become too familiar with storms of this magnitude, but we know that taking proper measures to prepare for the storm can mitigate its long-term effects. Please stay safe and stay prepared."
* * *
Please review the information below from
Throughout the weekend, state officials are readying for potential impacts from a major hurricane.
State public safety officials emphasized
"We are getting updates from the
"Experience has shown us that storms and heavy wind and rain can affect the entire state, so we must all be alert and ready," he said.
Tips for Emergency Plans and Supplies Kit:
* Be sure your emergency supply kits have enough bottled water and non-perishable food to sustain each family member for three to seven days. Include a weather radio, flashlight, extra batteries, toiletries, change of clothes, blankets or sleeping bag, rain gear and appropriate footwear. Also include cell phone charger, prescription medicines, copies of important documents, such as birth certificates and insurance policies.
* Know your evacuation route, and find out where friends and loved ones will be and how to get in touch with them.
* Plan for your pets. Gather supplies for your pets and put them in an easily-accessible container.
* Prepare your home. Clean out gutters and clear property of debris that could damage buildings in strong winds.
* Stay tuned to local news for the latest advisories from the
Download the Ready NC app (https://readync.org/EN/DOWNLOADAPP.html) or follow