* * *
- No Increase To Base Premiums
* * *
Purdue trustees on Friday (
The same three medical plan options with
Changes to the 2020 plan year will include:
- Increased current
- Increased from
- Maintained eligibility for working spouses to access the Purdue medical plans via new coverage and rate tiers for those spouses who have access to medical coverage through their employer (employer must pay at least 50% of premium) but do not enroll in their employer's plan. Rates for this tier will be
- Increased medical premiums for early retirees by 5%.
- Carved-out utilization management of specialty drugs via an independent third-party administrator to provide savings to employees and the plans.
- Established Health Sync -- a narrow network with Franciscan,
- Creation of two concierge programs -- one for prescription drugs and one for cancer treatment. Both programs provide additional resources for employees to more effectively find high-quality, cost-efficient providers and services.
- Sunset of the PPO plan. For 2020, only those who are currently enrolled in the PPO plan have the ability to elect it; new enrollees will not be eligible. Enrollment for 2021 will replace the PPO plan with a third high-deductible health plan. Assistance will be provided in 2020 to those enrolled in the PPO plan as they migrate to one of the three other plans for 2021.
"As we know, the costs of health care continue to rise, and our goal is to help balance those rising costs with high-quality, cost-effective services available to our Purdue population," said
In response to feedback from employees following open enrollment last year, more time to review benefit information was addressed. Employees already have received information related to open enrollment 2020 and will continue to receive information about enrollment, benefit changes and more throughout the next few months via mailings to their homes, email, virtual newsletters and Purdue Today.
Additionally, the benefits website has been redesigned to allow for a more user-friendly, easy-to-navigate benefits resource throughout the year and for open enrollment. As part of the new site design, a dedicated open enrollment webpage serves as the online resource for open enrollment 2020. Open enrollment for 2020 takes place
Additional details, including more specific premium information, will be shared with employees by Human Resources next week.