Although winter is not here yet, the temperatures are beginning to drop. Preparing in advance will make the transition easier and faster. Keeping the car in good condition will diminish the risk of accidents, thus lowering the chances of filing a claim and have the premiums increased upon next renewal. Find out more and get free car insurance quotes from http://compare-autoinsurance.org.
- Prepare the car for winter. Winter usually brings heavy snow and cold, plus icy roads. Drivers should equip the vehicles with the right type of winter tires and make sure they have the right pressure and the thread is intact.
- Check if all parts work properly. Before venturing outside, in the cold, make sure that all components will do their job. Battery must be fully or almost fully charged. Verify if the brakes and brake lights are working properly.
- Pack an emergency kit. When planning to drive through areas covered by snow, it is useful to have an emergency kit. This should contain a spare cell phone, a flashlight, food and water, warm blankets and clothes, a shovel and a first aid kit.
- Avoid using cruise control on icy/snowy roads. When beginning to slip, an active cruise control can make the car accelerate and totally lose control.
- Inform friends and relatives about the route. Do not leave without announcing the route. In this way, they can form or call a rescue party if the driver does not arrive in time at the destination or suddenly loses contact.
"It is never too soon to prepare for winter. Keep the car in good shape and equip it with appropriate tires", said
Compare-autoinsurance.org is an online provider of life, home, health, and auto insurance quotes. This website is unique because it does not simply stick to one kind of insurance provider, but brings the clients the best deals from many different online insurance carriers. In this way, clients have access to offers from multiple carriers all in one place: this website. On this site, customers have access to quotes for insurance plans from various agencies, such as local or nationwide agencies, brand names insurance companies, etc.
For more information, please visit http://compare-autoinsurance.org
News distributed by PR Newswire iReach: https://ireach.prnewswire.com